Help with VD and Sibelius

Need help. I've exhausted the vd readme and help files and still having trouble getting soundfonts to play back on Sibelius. I am able to get the sounds to playback on the keyboard in Audio HQ (soundblaster live), though. I used a midi keyboard to enter notes on the vd template.sib file. Any advice? Thanks.
Check to make sure that the "MIDI Thru" box is checked in the DEVICE window in Sibelius. Let me know if that helps.

AB
Adam,

I seem to be having the same problem. I did everything as instructed above, but I continuously get the Piano sounds in place of the snare, tenor, bass, and cymbal sounds. Any ideas?
drumsauxperc,

I'm not sure. I'd try setting your Audiohq Soundfont device to "A:SB Live! MIDI Synth." Once you've done that, also check to see which bank you've loaded your VDrumline soundfont bank into (in the "configure bank" section of audiohq).

Then, go into the VDrumline template in Sibelius, and open your mixer window. Click on the snare track (for example) and select "A:SB Live! MIDI Synth" as your device, and in the "bank high" field, set it to the bank you loaded the VDrumline bank into in AudioHQ ("1" for example). Once you've done this, you should also be sure to accurately set the program number in Sibelius' mixer window. Use "0" for snare, 1 for tenor, 5 for bass, and 7 for cymbals. Just to be sure, you might also want to click the "display" button in Sibelius mixer window and set it to list program numbers as 0-127. Most likely, that's already set correctly, but you never know.

You'll need to repeat these steps for each instrument in the mixer window (snare, tenor, bass, cyms). Once you've done that, save the file as a template for future use, and you won't have to always mess with it like this.

let me know if this works for you.
AB
Thanks for the reply, Adam... My soundfont audio hq setting is "SB Live! (1460)". In Sibelius the only device in the drop down box that comes close to the same device in audio hq is "SB Live! MIDI Out (1460)". This should be the one I use, correct?

Here are the other options in the drop down...

Creative S/W Synth
A: SB Live! MIDI Synth
B: SB Live! MIDI Synth

Please advise. thanks
It sounds like your MIDI settings may not be set correctly in Sibelius. Be sure you've clicked on the "reset sounds" button in Sibelius mixer window.

In AudioHQ, you should take note of what is set as your "soundfont device". This is what you should have chosen in Sibelius' mixer window as the "device" for each of your battery tracks. You need to set up each staff's device individually in Sibelius, but once you've done that, you can save the Sibelius file, and use it as a template for future projects.

Feel free to check back in with us here if this doesn't solve your problems.

Adam
Login or Signup to post a comment