Spice Mon in Finale?

Jim,
Im a Finale User and I was wondering if there is anyone that i could get the music to the "spice mon" cadence that came for sib. on the Virtual Drumline Cd?
Jim,
Should I go ahead and email tapspace?
Not just yet. Once Nick's completed the file, we'll do some proofing. when it's ready, I can make an announcement here on the forum.

thanks
Jim
Jim i sent you another copy with the corrections you mentioned, did you get my email?
Bonjour from Brussels,

Nick - sorry for the delay. Yes I did indeed receive the updates you sent, and I owe you my deepest gratitude for doing the grunt work on the Finale files. The fact that the rolls don't crescendo bothers me, but I guess maybe that's just a limitation of Finale. I thought there was a way to alter that with the midi tool, but after talking as nicely as I could to it, it still didn't seem to want to cooperate. I left these to my <figure it out later> stack of things to do, which I confess, is becoming large.

Anyway, thanks for your patience with this. If we can't figure out the hairpin thing, we can probably just make it available as is. Or all you finale folks can take advantage of the Sibelius upgrade and save yourselves some headaches (just kidding)....

I'm out of the country on business, but will be back next week, and will follow up on this soon.

thanks -
jim
I can't even get it to work in Sibelius. What am I doing wrong?
[quote="chazg"]I can't even get it to work in Sibelius. What am I doing wrong?[/quote]

What do you mean it "doesn't work?" Doesn't load, doesn't play?

Also, any news on the Finale version?
Sorry for the lag in response here...

Nick did a great job in re-creating the notation. There's one glitch that I've been (unsuccessfully) trying to figure out. It's not playing back the dynamics (velocity changes) on rolls. It may have something to do with Finale's cryptic means of playing back diddles. Admittedly, I'm not a fan of Finale, so I haven't completely learned about its new human playback feature, but if we can't figure out the hairpin/roll dynamic thing, we'll probably just make the file available with the limited playback.

Of course, this is where I should mention that registered Finale users can purchase Sibelius at a steal of a price with the competitive upgrade pricing. :wink:

More on this soon. thanks!
jim
yeah, that's really the only problem ive had so far with finale, is that effects on diddle play back
[quote="Fuzzy"][quote="chazg"]I can't even get it to work in Sibelius. What am I doing wrong?[/quote]

What do you mean it "doesn't work?" Doesn't load, doesn't play?

Also, any news on the Finale version?[/quote]

I doesn't load or play. It Tells me that the file doesn't exist any more. I can see it when I browse the disk but that's as far as it goes. Maybe my disk is damaged.
Try copying the file to your desktop, and then putting it in Sibelius.
Tried that but no go!! Everything else on the disk works.

BTW I'm a Network Administrator so I have tried most of the trick already.
If you are trying to open a file on Windows that contains quotation marks, it won't work. This was a naming problem with that file. If this is the case, send us a quick email (info@tapspace.com) with your name and when/where you purchased the library, and we'll send a windows-friendly version of the file right out to you.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.
Waiting patiently for the Finale version...
:D
Login or Signup to post a comment