Questions from a new user

Hey every one I'm Steven and i just ordered the VD:2. I have a couple of questions about the product.

1. Is the music that you create in the form of sheet music?

2. I have seen everyone saying that they run it with Finale and Sibelius but is that neccesary or can you just run it by itself?

3. I saw that it says you can download it only twice simultaneously, but if you uninstall it can you download it a third time somewhere else?

If i could get any of these answered i would be very appriciative. Thanks for you time.
[quote=";gt_smart";]Hey every one I'm Steven and i just ordered the VD:2. I have a couple of questions about the product.

2. I have seen everyone saying that they run it with Finale and Sibelius but is that neccesary or can you just run it by itself?

3. I saw that it says you can download it only twice simultaneously, but if you uninstall it can you download it a third time somewhere else?

If i could get any of these answered i would be very appriciative. Thanks for you time.[/quote]

Hey Steven, hopefully this will help you out.

1) VDL:2 is a sound library, it is not a composition program.
2) VDL:2 will run by itself, but it needs a composition program or sequencer to write music. If you're wanting to write music and hear playback, Sibelius or Finale (I prefer Sibelius) is the way to go.
3) You can have VDL:2 installed on two computers at a time, but you can not use them both at the same time per the licensing agreement. If you uninstall and unregister it from a computer, you can not install it and register it on that machine again.

I hope that helps.
Hey Bill thanks a lot which Sibelius would you prefer? Does Sibelius have diddles, rolls, flams, tuplets, ect?......

Much gratitude to you sir.
You should get the full version 3.1.3. Sibelius has numerous deals: academic, cross-grade for $199, etc.

Yes, Sibelius is able to create the articulations you mentioned.
Hey this is Steven again.

I just bought VD:2 and Sibelius v.3. Will this be ALL i need to start or will i have to get anything else?(MIDI Driver)?

Thanks, Steven
Be sure to get a computer!

:D
DANGIT!!! That's why I've been having problems, I forgot to get a computer. :lol:

To answer your question about what else do you need, if you are a PC user, you'll want to download a virtual MIDI cable. There are two different ones (Midi Yoke and Maple Midi Tools). Both are free downloads. It is also strongly recommended that you have a MIDI capable keyboard hooked up to your computer. If you don't, Tapspace offers the Keystation 49e at a very reasonable price.

Of course, make sure you have enough memory to handle VDL:2
[quote=";drumcorpbc";][quote=";gt_smart";]Hey every one I'm Steven and i just ordered the VD:2. I have a couple of questions about the product.

If i could get any of these answered i would be very appriciative. Thanks for you time.[/quote]

Hey Steven, hopefully this will help you out.

1) VDL:2 is a sound library, it is not a composition program.
2) VDL:2 will run by itself, but it needs a composition program or sequencer to write music. If you're wanting to write music and hear playback, Sibelius or Finale (I prefer Sibelius) is the way to go.
3) You can have VDL:2 installed on two computers at a time, but you can not use them both at the same time per the licensing agreement. If you uninstall and unregister it from a computer, you can not install it and register it on that machine again.

I hope that helps.[/quote]

I know this is a bit old but I just want to clarify because I am considering buying a laptop to use while I'm away traveling and teaching camps over the summer, etc.

I am I able and allowed to have VD2 installed on my Desktop computer and a laptop at the same time?

Also, if I happened to install it on both computers and then bought a new computer in the future, would I not be allowed to install VD2 on the newer system?
This would probably be better answered by the people at Native Instruments or Jim. But, there is a limit to the number of installs that you can have with each serial number. This is an NI copy protection issue essentially. They may or may not allow for additional installs or you may have to unregister one of your systems in the event you purchase a new computer. Copy protection and the various setups are one of the current issues being debated in the digital audio arena.

Ted Boliske
[quote=";gbass598";]
I am I able and allowed to have VD2 installed on my Desktop computer and a laptop at the same time?

Also, if I happened to install it on both computers and then bought a new computer in the future, would I not be allowed to install VD2 on the newer system?[/quote]

You are able to register VDL:2 on two computers that will be used by the same user. If you later decide to replace one of those computers with a newer one, simply log in at the Native Instruments website, and de-authorize the authorization for the machine you are replacing. All you'll need to do is compare the Authorization Codes you'll find by going to the ";Manage Registrations/Authorizations"; link. NI's registration page can be found at:
http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?id=register_us

For more information, simply open the REGISTRATION TOOL (found in your VDL:2 application folder), and click on the FAQ button.

If you have any problems with registration, please send an email to:
register@native-instruments.com.
Login or Signup to post a comment