Karma?

What is the ";Karma"; thing about under the usernames?  I just noticed that mine has a 1 there but I am not sure what exactly I did to get that ";1";.

Anyone?  Bueller?

I put this here as I was not sure where to put it (which forum).
Hey Dave,

";Karma"; is a fun little feature of our new forum. It basically allows another user to add to your Karma score which will eventually accumulate points over time. Just a way of giving thanks for helpful posters. Or (hopefully in rare cases) smiting someone who's causing problems. :)

Karma points can only be granted by registered users, and are only allowed once in a one hour time period.

Maybe once it catches on we can start bestowing seasonal Karma recognition awards for the most helpful posters or something. :)
Oh, and by the way, I don't think there's any way to tell who gave you a Karma point (unless they tell you). I guess that's why it's called ";Karma."; :)
Jim,

Sounds cool.  Thanks for the info!  How do you go about ";assigning another user a karma point";?
HEY!  I just noticed that my 1 Karma point has evidently disappeared.  Does that mean someone ";smited"; me?  :)
I have looked all over and don't see a way to give Karma to someone else.

Anybody else found it?
there should be a little yay or nay under that persons name. All you need to do is to click that one you wish to give.
It's not there for me.  Probably because I am a newbie.  Cool feature, though!
Yes, its a god idea, but you should also understand it works on similar principle in real life http://www.members.tripod.com/tathagata2000/enlightenment_what_is_karma.htm
I have some amount of negative karma.  I am not pleased by this.  I feel negative energy from people in this forum and instead of explaining to me what gives or just looking the other way, they feel the need to secretly ";diss"; me.  The karma idea is interesting, but nobody in real life can GIVE or TAKE karma from anyone else. Karma is a force unto itself and I believe it is being misrepresented here on this forum.  I try to contribute the best I know how and I don't believe I deserve ";negative karma"; from anyone.  If I have earned it, the world will give it to me, not some internet strangers. 
[quote author=CJ Young link=topic=681.msg14178#msg14178 date=1218834492]
I have some amount of negative karma.�� I am not pleased by this.�� I feel negative energy from people in this forum and instead of explaining to me what gives or just looking the other way, they feel the need to secretly ";diss"; me.�� The karma idea is interesting, but nobody in real life can GIVE or TAKE karma from anyone else. Karma is a force unto itself and I believe it is being misrepresented here on this forum.�� I try to contribute the best I know how and I don't believe I deserve ";negative karma"; from anyone.�� If I have earned it, the world will give it to me, not some internet strangers.��
[/quote]

Please do not take something on the internet personally!  It's just an internet forum.  I am sure you will see your karma increase as you contribute more to the forum.
I feel you Cobybos. Maybe it's because I don't actually own VDL2 and the real Karma police are using the this internet forum karma to gently persuade me to buy it.
Login or Signup to post a comment