Composing Opportunity

Tuopohc planted a really good idea about a community composition, so I talked with Jim and we have his blessing to run with it.

Here's the run down:
1) Anyone that is interested will need to send me an email stating that you're interested.  You don't have to be a composer, just someone with some thoughts to share.
2) Once the list of writers is put together, I'll email everyone and we'll come up with a style for the piece (ie, street beat, on field, percussion ensemble, marching ensemble, along with picking a thematic style, jazz, rock, whatever).
3) Once all that is decided upon (including instrumentation), we'll start writing in the order that the emails were received.  I'm thinkin 8-16 bars per person if we go full percussion and 4-8 if it's a street beat or battery only.
4) I'd like to make it open to anyone currently registered on the forum as of today.  Looking at the list, AGVeit is the last person to register.
5) If what you write doesn't fit with what came before you, I'll give you another chance, or not include your part.  Not to be harsh, but a bunch of random thoughts thrown together makes for bad music.
6) No trying to create new time signatures or anything like that.
7) All parts must be only sounds found in the VDL:2 library.

I've got a few more rules, but I'll wait to see what kind of interest there is first. 

If you're interested, email me at bill_castillo@sbcglobal.net.  Put Tapspace Community Composition as the title and I'll add you to the list.
Any word on progresd with this?

Thanks Bill!!!
Look for an email tomorrow.
Talk about perfect timing I gues...

Thanks Bill!!!
I'm in for 4 good bars.  :)
Follow the rules and email me genius!  :)
This will be fun to see what y'all cook up. Keep us posted Bill! :)
Hey Bill,

Did you send out the email?  I have not received anything yet and I just wanted to make sure I was in the loop...

Thanks man!

Dave
[quote author=Dave Ratliff link=topic=1043.msg4523#msg4523 date=1144703681]
Hey Bill,

Did you send out the email?  I have not received anything yet and I just wanted to make sure I was in the loop...

Thanks man!

Dave
[/quote]

Dave,

I got the email today and you are on the list.

Ted Boliske
That is good to know but I did not receive the email yet.  I have been experiencing a few problems with my isp and email though...maybe it will show up soon...
Dave,

Let me know if you don't receive it by tomorrow and I'll send it again.
Sounds good bill.  If you don't mind, just go ahead and resend it to davidratliff (at) adelphia (dot) com.

Many thanks!
Login or Signup to post a comment