Virtual Drumline - Drum Speak

A few of us are getting together at WGI to record some drum speak, possibly for a VDL update or in the next version.  What would you like to see included in the drum speak library?  Don't hold back and try to be as detailed with pronuciation as possible.

Thanks, see you in Dayton!

Gabe Cobas
I LOVE the New Era hats!
(earned run average...oh...and hats too)
[quote author=denete link=topic=1078.msg4696#msg4696 date=1146978591]
New ERA...yes...baseball season is upon us!

[/quote]

BEST hats in the WORLD!!!
New ERA...yes...baseball season is upon us!
New!

Era!

New Era!

New! New!

n-n-n-NEW ERA!!!

(Couldn't resist :)).
Maybe we should hire this guy...

http://www.fazed.org/video/?id=275
My personal favorites are...

[b][color=Blue]Dez--d'Gop![/color][/b] (or the variation - Dez--d'Dez--Dez-Dez-d'Gop!)

[b]Dez[/b] is your roll, usually a tap roll - hold it out for as long as you want the roll to last.

[b]d'Gop[/b] would be a tap followed by an an accent (or possibly a shot/ping)

[color=Blue][b]Jeg-a-duh Jeg-a-duh Jeg-a-duh...[/b] [/color]�� (flam accents or swiss triplets)

[b]Jeg[/b] or [b]J'[/b] is the flam - the rest are your inner notes

[b]Jeg-a-duh-j'Jeg-a-duh-j'Jeg-a-duh-j'...[/b]�� patti-fla-fla's

[color=Blue][b]Big-a-d'Big-a-d'bop [/b][/color]�� 16th note sixtuplet (Big-a-d') followed by a tap (bop - usally an 8th note)

...you can use [b]Big-a-d'[/b] [i]or[/i] [b]Dig-a-d' [/b] [i]or[/i] mix them both together, as in the classic...

Big-a-d'bop Big-a-d'bop Big-a-d'Dig-a-d'bop Big-a-d'bop Big-a-d'bop Big-a-d'Dig-a-d'bop Big-a-d'Dig-a-d'bop!

[quote author=RGreen link=topic=1078.msg4541#msg4541 date=1144812436]

One thing that I didn't find in the other vocals was a intense ";HUH"; or ";Who";

[/quote]

Robbie, you starting to lose your sight in your old age? ;-) Check out the Vocals Keymap.... The ";Hoo!"; sounds are pretty good on F#5 and G5.  Not much of a ";Huh"; on there, though it would be funny to have a ";huh?";

Not sure where questions would come in handy, but you never know :-)
Just get a microphone, digital recorder, adult beverages, and sit down with Float for a couple of hours.  That'll be all the source that you need for drumspeak samples.

:)
These are all great.  I will print them out and take them to Dayton, thanks!
herta herta flauta flauta

(regular hertas followed by grandmas)

I'd like to hear a quick ";skang-guh-dank"; with a nasal voice, simulating a dotted 8th, 16th, and quarter note shot on the low tenor drum.

How about some cheers too?  Woohoo! and Oowwww!
Chiga-Dut-Dut = Cheese
Chut-diga-dut = flag drag

One thing that I didn't find in the other vocals was a intense ";HUH"; or ";Who";
don't forget the ever popular ";boom"; for bass drum unisions.
I actually wrote a choir piece using drum speak.  It's called, oddly enough, ";Drumspeak";.
You need a boosh.

J. Peter Wolk-Laniewski
Login or Signup to post a comment