OT: Lot Clips from the Houston Show

Hey all I just posted about 45min worth of clips from the Houston Show on Quad inc.

[url]http://quadinc.stevensdrum.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat2[/url]

Also, Jim...Great writing! Congrats on the win in San Antonio.

I got most of the cavaliers warm-up, about 10-15min of SCV and JSU. (
Also....Am I correct in saying that this is the first time someone has ever MIC'd an old school typewriter in the front ensemble? Where did you come up with this? It was a way cool effect. During the last part of the show there was a lot sparce textures and you hear this sound.... I started looking around for castanets or some type of modified slap stick. But I looked to the vibe on the left side of the field and I see him peckin away on a typewriter. LOL! I about died laughing, but at the same time I was thinking.....IT WORKS!
and will the typewriter be included in VDL3? :)
Thanks for the heads up man!
Thanks for posting those! (and as always, I love your Will Ferrell icon!)

ER
As was said by a staff member, they managed to warmup under the one light in the lot that was working.
Yeah, that was a bit of a challenge the futher we got into the warm up but oh well.
Stupid question of the day...

How do I get .wmv files to play on Apple Quicktime. I'm still new to my iMac, is there a setting somewhere I need to change? I haven't been able to go to any shows this year, and seeing as how I LIVE in Houston I am drooling to see these clips!
Your best/easiest solution is to download the Windows Media Player, it's free. There may be some other free/share options. To find these go to the Apple sight, click OS_X, click downloads and look under video.

Ted 
Flip4mac plays .wmv's through quicktime. I think the Intel version is still in beta though.
[quote author=Lydian9 link=topic=1257.msg5497#msg5497 date=1153841123]
Stupid question of the day...

How do I get .wmv files to play on Apple Quicktime. I'm still new to my iMac, is there a setting somewhere I need to change? I haven't been able to go to any shows this year, and seeing as how I LIVE in Houston I am drooling to see these clips!
[/quote]

I am a Mac person and I have windoze media player on my machine as well.  Should not be a problem - just download and install...
Thanks guys! I guess that's a pretty obvious solution, then again I'm not all that smart:)
And then you can click and drag the windoze media file into iTunes - click on the ";convert to ipod compatable video"; under the advanced menu and upload it to your video iPod if you have one of them...
[quote author=RGreen link=topic=1257.msg5465#msg5465 date=1153716784]
Also....Am I correct in saying that this is the first time someone has ever MIC'd an old school typewriter in the front ensemble? Where did you come up with this? It was a way cool effect. During the last part of the show there was a lot sparce textures and you hear this sound.... I started looking around for castanets or some type of modified slap stick. But I looked to the vibe on the left side of the field and I see him peckin away on a typewriter. LOL! I about died laughing, but at the same time I was thinking.....IT WORKS!
[/quote]

I've always thought that someone should use that pop-can-in-the-bike-tire effect to mimic the sound of an internal combustion engine. In fact, with all of the shows themed around industry, it seems like a given. I've also always fantasized about a really big, really resonant metal chamber of some sort, into which a dude or two could throw large pieces of glass, or whack at some glass with a hammer.

And ya know... Combine the two and you've got yourself audio of a nice little car wreck.

Someone should really use that.

And pay me.
Login or Signup to post a comment