OT - Garritan "Band" Sound set?

Hey guys,

I was just looking through a magazine titled [i]Music Education Technology[/i] and I saw a ";review"; for the new Garritan Concert and Marching Band Library.  Cool thing is the percussion sounds are VDL 2.  My question is if anyone knows a potential release date for this library?  The garritan website just says [i]spring 2007[/i].  It looks pretty cool and I am curious about the release date...

Thanks!
Ralph,

What was the expected shipping date?

DR
Well... it SAYS June/July but it has been in the ";coming soon"; mode since like October. The fact that they're taking pre orders makes me think it could be the real deal this time.
It's close.  The hold up has been on the Native Instruments side with the encoding.  I was supposed to have received my pre-release copy some time ago but Gary has been unable to get it to me.
Thanks for the info Gabe.
[quote author=erath link=topic=1638.msg8050#msg8050 date=1176746097]
[quote author=Cobybos link=topic=1638.msg7975#msg7975 date=1175787463]
Nothing yet.  Gary Garritan is coming to Boston the week after WGI.  We have a meeting scheduled, hopefully he'll have a working beta by then!

Gabe
[/quote]

Hey Gabe,

Did Gary give any indication as to when this would be available publicly? I've got a project I'm chomping at the bit to try!

ER
[/quote]

Finally got my copy!  I will install and play this weekend.  I am kind of glad it came a bit later since Tapspace has been taking up a bit of my ";free time.";  I'll get back to you guys.

Gabe
Thanks Gabe!
Been playing with the Beta the past few days.  I haven't got the interface yet, just the sounds with K2 player.  So far so good!  You will be able to have a one stop shop for most arrangements with minimal pit set up.  It's a good thing we all have VDL:2 because it is really needed to fill out the score.  I am out at my summer office in Tanglewood so I am wowrking off of my mobile stup which isn't as powerful.  I have a Macbook, 2.0 GHZ with 2 GB ram.  I loaded an entire band with battery (sans pit) and I experienced no hiccups or delays.  I wasn't using a Pro Audio card either.  The sounds are great with some adjusting to balance out the ensemble.  I especially like the bassoon voice.  Of course the first thing I did was check out the VDL sounds! duh, it sounds the same.

I am not going to post any sound clips since I am waiting for Gary to give the go ahead.  Once Gary gives me a heads up, I will post some excerpts to my page.

Gabe
Sounds good Gabe.  Thanks!!!
[quote author=Cobybos link=topic=1638.msg9078#msg9078 date=1183649213]
Been playing with the Beta the past few days.  I loaded an entire band with battery (sans pit) and I experienced no hiccups or delays.  I wasn't using a Pro Audio card either.  The sounds are great with some adjusting to balance out the ensemble.  I especially like the bassoon voice.  Of course the first thing I did was check out the VDL sounds! duh, it sounds the same.
[/quote]

I hope you're not suggesting that you used bassoon voices right along with your VDL voices... I think I just felt a disturbance in the force.
No, that was just the bassoon rumbling your stomach ;)
[quote author=erath link=topic=1638.msg9109#msg9109 date=1183754480]
[quote author=Cobybos link=topic=1638.msg9078#msg9078 date=1183649213]
Been playing with the Beta the past few days.  I loaded an entire band with battery (sans pit) and I experienced no hiccups or delays.  I wasn't using a Pro Audio card either.  The sounds are great with some adjusting to balance out the ensemble.  I especially like the bassoon voice.  Of course the first thing I did was check out the VDL sounds! duh, it sounds the same.
[/quote]

I hope you're not suggesting that you used bassoon voices right along with your VDL voices... [b]I think I just felt a disturbance in the force.[/b]
[/quote]

you know Eric, I thought I felt something too ;)
Login or Signup to post a comment