Announcing Virtual Drumline 2.5

[url=https://www.tapspace.com/VDL2.5announce.html][size=14pt][b]Announcing Virtual Drumline 2.5. [/b][/size][/url]
A huge update to the world's most powerful marching battery and concert percussion software instrument, featuring the world-champion Santa Clara Vanguard percussion section.

[b]WHAT'S NEW[/b]

[list]
[li]Now integrated into Native Instruments’ powerful KONTAKT PLAYER 2 engine[/li]

[li]Universal application for Mac-Intel speed and compatibility[/li]

[li]Load up to 64 channels in standalone mode[/li]

[li]Save multi’s for easy loading of projects[/li]

[li]Host VDL instruments alongside other Kontakt Player 2 formatted libraries in the same player[/li]

[li]New instruments – steel drum orchestra (lead pan, double seconds, triple guitar, 6 piece bass pan set), rhythm section (piano, guitar, bass guitar), waterphone, showband single tenors, typewriter[/li]

[li]New enhanced velocity control for more natural accent/tap sensitivity[/li]

[li]More specialized controls for enhanced customization on each instrument such as EQ control, attack/release control, Auxilliary send levels[/li]

[li]Monitor Mod-Wheel or Keyswitch settings onscreen[/li]

[li]Much improved DFD (direct from disc) streaming functionality[/li]

[li]Unlimited polyphony[/li]

[li]Rack view and minimized view[/li]

[li]Integrated effects[/li]

[li]Searchable electronic documentation[/li]

[li]New NI Service Center application to manage and view authorization[/li]
[/list]

[b]UPGRADE FROM VIRTUAL DRUMLINE 2[/b]
Since VDL 2.5 has completely revamped all sample data, it will be necessary for VDL:2 users to receive a new DVD. There will be a very small DVD processing fee for existing VDL:2 users who registered prior to April 1, 2007. More information about upgrading will be available on the Tapspace website soon.

[b]WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE?[/b]
We’re working feverishly and making great progress. Stay connected to the Tapspace website for the most current information or [url=http://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Join/signupId:3247]join the Tapspace email list[/url] to be notified when it is shipping.

[b]SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS[/b]
• 5 GB of free hard disk space
• DVD Drive to install software
• RAM: 1 GB or more recommended
• Windows XP (required by KONTAKT PLAYER 2) Pentium 4 or Athlon 2.4 GHz or higher is recommended
• Macintosh OS X 10.4 or higher (required by KONTAKT PLAYER 2) PowerPC G5 or Mac-Intel recommended
• Notation or sequencing software to control sounds
• MIDI keyboard recommended for note input

[b]COMPATIBILITY[/b]
• Standalone mode on Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.4+
• Plug-in formats (VSTi™, Audio Units™, DXi™, RTAS™)
• Audio driver formats (ASIO™, DirectSound™, MME™, Core Audio™)

[i]Important Note: The KONTAKT audio engine is extremely powerful and will rely on your computer’s CPU. Virtual Drumline 2.5 will work best on faster and more current CPUs. In addition to running this software, note the system requirements of your host program, if applicable, and/or notation or sequencer program.[/i]
Pre-orders will ship in the order they were received. No definitive date will be released, however when it's officially shipping (in July), we'll be sure to announce it. Hang in there, and thanks for your patience.
No problem, I am waiting on it (2.5) so I can do my annual PC maintenance. Wipe the hard drives, partition the drives and reinstall applications and OS. I don't want to do it with VDL 2 since I'm upgrading to 2.5. Take care!
I don't want to bust anyone else's bubble, but I just got an email that VDL 2.5 is shipping for me!

*Happy dance*
Congrats man!!!
Pre-orders have started shipping as of today, July 16, 2007. They're going out in the order in which they were received.
...let the revolution begin...
Has anyone else had trouble installing VDL 2.5 on OSX?

I can enter in everything correctly, pick my installation locations, but when the installer starts, it stalls at item 198.  It says ";Copying: Virtual Drumline"; - then ";Copying:"; and hangs for a while.  Eventually, the install will stop.  I have plenty of room on my hard drive.

I followed the uninstall to a tee...any ideas?
[quote author=shekhar link=topic=1731.msg9532#msg9532 date=1186067650]

I can enter in everything correctly, pick my installation locations, but when the installer starts, it stalls at item 198.�� It says ";Copying: Virtual Drumline"; - then ";Copying:"; and hangs for a while.�� Eventually, the install will stop.�� I have plenty of room on my hard drive.

[/quote]

My first reaction would be that it may be an error on the disk itself, it does happen from time to time. I'd try it on another machine either Mac or PC, if it is an issue with the disk it will stop at the same spot.
[quote author=shekhar link=topic=1731.msg9532#msg9532 date=1186067650]

I can enter in everything correctly, pick my installation locations, but when the installer starts, it stalls at item 198.  It says ";Copying: Virtual Drumline"; - then ";Copying:"; and hangs for a while.  Eventually, the install will stop.  I have plenty of room on my hard drive.

[/quote]

Actually if I recall correctly that's some obscenely large file that takes a great deal of time to transfer off of the DVD.  I suspected that it was hung as well when it first installed, but I just went and did something else for a while and when I came back it was done.
I thought that was the case too, so I left it overnight, but the installer just failed.  I will try it again tonight.

Thanks all for the quick responses.
Ok, left it going when I left for work, and it was installed when I got back.  Thanks for all of your replies..looks like it just takes a long time to install that one component. Got it up and running in no time (after the install, anyway)!
when will the Sibelius 3 template for 2.5 be up?
Michael,

I can't speak for Jim, but we haven't talked about creating a Sibelius 3 template, only a Sibelius 4 and a Sibelius 5 template.  I don't even have Sib 3 installed on my computer anymore.
When will the template for siblius 5 be out for vdl 2.5.
It's actively being worked on and is a big project--I'm sure they'll give us a head's up when they're close.
Login or Signup to post a comment