OT Poll: Ideas for next VDL Composition Contest

with VDL:2.5 coming out soon, there will be a wave of inspiration among us VDL fanatics.  Maybe Tapspace will offer a new composition contest soon...  Which 'genre' would you want to create a composition in the most?  Feel free to offer any ideas/comments.

[size=7pt]***(must be registered in the forum to vote).  [/size]
Good idea, Owen.

Something to be thinking of with the Release of VDL 2.5 coming.  There is sure to be a wave of writing and composing along with this release - like you said.
true indeed.
Concert percussion contest!
looks like a run away so far...
Running away with an astounding 8 votes as of this post :)
...also known as 1 less than half of the total number of votes to this point... ;)
Personally, I want to see a street beat, and a concert percussion contest.  Cadence in the Fall, concert in the spring. 
[quote author=drumcat link=topic=1831.msg9062#msg9062 date=1183536771]
Personally, I want to see a street beat, and a concert percussion contest.  Cadence in the Fall, concert in the spring. 
[/quote]

Sounds cool to me...
This is all good stuff guys. We'll try to implement something once the initial dust has settled after VDL 2.5 release. Keep the good ideas flowing!
You da man Jim!!!!
I voted for the marching percussion feature because I think it would be neat to take a piece of sparse horn book and have everyone write for the same 32 bar (or whatever) phrase. It would be fun because everyone has different ideas. Just have to limit the number of players in the pit.

Ryan
[quote author=kimera link=topic=1831.msg9242#msg9242 date=1184617897]
I voted for the marching percussion feature because I think it would be neat to take a piece of sparse horn book and have everyone write for the same 32 bar (or whatever) phrase. It would be fun because everyone has different ideas. Just have to limit the number of players in the pit.

Ryan
[/quote]

Sounds cool.
I would like to see a competition of the best sounding sequence of standard percussion ensemble literature:

Diabolic Variations
Crown of Thorns
Any of Green Rags
Montana Music
Drumming (Now this would be WAY FUN AND EXTREMELY hard)
Omphalo
Both ford Marimba trios
Staind Glass
AND LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON

Some of the rare pieces that don't have recordings? Either way. . .  Just a thought in a different direction.
[quote author=RGreen link=topic=1831.msg9268#msg9268 date=1184741825]
I would like to see a competition of the best sounding sequence of standard percussion ensemble literature:

Diabolic Variations
Crown of Thorns
Any of Green Rags
Montana Music
Drumming (Now this would be WAY FUN AND EXTREMELY hard)
Omphalo
Both ford Marimba trios
Staind Glass
AND LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON

Some of the rare pieces that don't have recordings? Either way. . .�� Just a thought in a different direction.

[/quote]

A fun idea, but I would think they'd run into a lot of copyright issues. :-P
Login or Signup to post a comment