OT - Drumline novel

Hey...

So, I wrote a novel about drumline called The Line.  I think most people in this forum would dig it cause hey, there's nothing like it out there.  Oh yeah, and if anyone's going to Finals in Pasadena, I'll be there with the book!  So will one of my other drumline author friends, Spike Van Wert, who wrote a book based on his experiences as a tenor drummer with SCV.

~Courtney
[url=http://www.thelinebook.com]www.thelinebook.com[/url]
Drama. . .  Just what we need. . .  More Drama. . . LOL!
I think most of us are pretty ";gun shy"; about this sort of thing after that awful, awful movie!
While the film ";Drumline"; wasn't exactly what i'd call great cinema, I think it was wonderful for the spotlight it shined on our little niche in the world of music. Mainstream exposure can be good. Good luck with your novel Courtney. I'll look forward to reading it someday.
[quote author=Jim Casella link=topic=1877.msg9327#msg9327 date=1185215895]
While the film ";Drumline"; wasn't exactly what i'd call great cinema, I think it was wonderful for the spotlight it shined on our little niche in the world of music. Mainstream exposure can be good. Good luck with your novel Courtney. I'll look forward to reading it someday.
[/quote]

I have to agree, while not what [i]we[/i] might consider solid drumming, there's a lot of very succesful and very big programs around the country built on that style of marching and playing. At the very least, I get asked a lot if what I do is like that movie, but I'm afforded the opportunity to explain to the what [b]real[/b] drumline is like. ;)
Courtney,

As the saying goes, ";I'll try anything once"; - well - I am that way with books.  Where can you get the book?  Amazon.com?  Barnes & Noble?  As for contact info for Michael Zapanta - since he shot the BD thing, I would suggest calling their corps hall or emailing someone there with them.  Just a thought..

Courtney,

I guess I should have paid more attention...I just ordered a copy from your website...

Josh u said that when asked if ur line was like the movie u said no u are a real line? What does that mean? What doesn't make them a real drumline?
[quote author=snaretech link=topic=1877.msg9342#msg9342 date=1185287851]
Josh u said that when asked if ur line was like the movie u said no u are a real line? What does that mean? What doesn't make them a real drumline?
[/quote]

Just poking a little fun, nothing to get worked up about. ;)
Login or Signup to post a comment