VDL 2.5 quiet play back

Hey,
  I just received VDL 2.5, and I am very pleased with it, but I have a problem I haven't been able to solve.  Whenever I use VDL 2.5 Instruments in Kontakt 2, they play back very quietly.  I did a test by openning the snare line (lite) in VDL [b]2[/b] and VDL 2.5 (in Kontakt 2).  I set both of the staves to ";mf"; and put a measure of eighth notes on each staff (one after the other). As I suspected, the VDL 2.5 line played back much more quietly than the VDL 2 line. The only way that VDL 2.5 sounds can be played back with GPO sounds would be to turn the master volume (in finale's mixer) up all the way, and turn the VDL 2.5 instruments up all the way, and turn the GPO sounds down significantly. 
  I was wondering if Kontakt 2 had some sort of master volume control so I could turn the volume of all the VDL 2.5 instruments up significantly.

If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this, please let me know. thanks.

What I have:

Finale 2007
VDL 2.5
VDL 2
1.5 gigs
Windows xp
[quote]In KP2, go into the ";Options"; window, and click on the ";Audio Engine"; tab. Set ";default volume for new instrument and volume reset"; to a value of 0db.[/quote]

Found it.  Done.  Hope that helps!
It looks like if you click on the gears for each instrument and then click CONTROLLER, you can either uncheck ACCEPT STANDARD CONTROLLERS FOR VOLUME AND PAN and then the Volume Slider will not reset, or you can click on the dropdown where it says�� MIDI CONTROLLER #7 VOLUME RANGE and set that to be 12DB and that makes it pretty much about the same as what the VDL 2.0 volumes are - at least when looking at an example with SNARELINE AUTRO R/L .�� I would probably just uncheck ACCEPT STANDARD CONTROLLERS FOR VOLUME AND PAN and let the Volume Slider handle it and keep the setting I want.

This will allow you to controll the overall volume with the Volume Sliders and will not reset them every time you begin Playback.
Hi I am also having the same problem with quiet playback, I turned the individual sliders in KP3 all the way up, and i also turned them all the way up on the mixer in sibelius and it still isnt quite good enough.  I read the first post that said to find a button called outputs but i couldn't find it.  should i have it open in stand alone or inside sibelius?
[quote author=Daneu64 link=topic=1883.msg17385#msg17385 date=1250877313]
Hi I am also having the same problem with quiet playback, I turned the individual sliders in KP3 all the way up, and i also turned them all the way up on the mixer in sibelius and it still isnt quite good enough.  I read the first post that said to find a button called outputs but i couldn't find it.  should i have it open in stand alone or inside sibelius?
[/quote]

Daneu64 - There is a known issue when running VDL 2.5.1 (or earlier) instruments in Kontakt3 (or Kontakt Player 3). We will be releasing a maintenance update that corrects this, however in the meantime, we recommend you run VDL instruments directly within Kontakt Player 2.
Login or Signup to post a comment