RE: VDL 2.5/Kontakt player and pan settings

Real quick...

For some reason when I try to pan the sounds of the battery (snares right, tenors left, etc.), Kontakt does not save these settings.  Not only when I reload the multi are the balance setting not changed, they will even reset while I'm working on music or listening to it playback.  It will save my tuning setting (I like the basses a little higher...), but not these other ones.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Carl
Hey Carl - dumb question here but just to clarify - you are saving the multi before you have the issue occur right?
Dave,

Yeah, I saved it with the pan settings changed, and then when I reloaded it those were gone.
Not a huge deal, but I would like to be able to separate the sound a bit.

Thanks for the quick response!
Carl
Hey Carl.
I could just call you, but I think it will help to have it on the forum. Is this for Sibelius? if so, single instruments in Kontakt 2 at least can be controlled by standard MIDI CC numbers for Volume and Pan-- Meaning Sibelius is resetting everything youve done. I don't have 2.5 yet, so I don't know about KP2, but you can edit the instrument properties in Kontakt 2, and one of the options is ";Use Standard MIDI CC #'s for volume and pan";. If you deselect this, it will stop Sibelius from resetting them. If KP2 doesn't have this, then just change the Volume and Pan settings in Sibelius's mixer, which will set it to what you want.

P.S.- Hello everyone from Hong Kong :)

Matt Jordan
Matt - Hong Kong huh?  that is cool.  What are you doing over there?
Matt in Hong Kong is correct. Volume and Pan settings (CC 7 and CC 10 respectively) are sent from the notation program. Not sure if you're using Finale or Sibelius, but the ";mixer"; settings in both programs should set this.
Dave-
Just got home to Nashville. I was over there playing concerts in Beijing, Guangzhou, Macau, Hong Kong, and Shenzen with the Middle Tennessee State University Wind Ensemble. 17 days in China... pretty rockin! It was an incredible experience for everyone involved.

Matt
[quote author=timpnazi link=topic=1902.msg9487#msg9487 date=1185852427]
Dave-
Just got home to Nashville. I was over there playing concerts in Beijing, Guangzhou, Macau, Hong Kong, and Shenzen with the Middle Tennessee State University Wind Ensemble. 17 days in China... pretty rockin! It was an incredible experience for everyone involved.

Matt
[/quote]

WOW - good for you man!  That is GREAT!
Login or Signup to post a comment