VDL Keymaps - UPDATED 5/9/2012

5/9/2012: support for VDL library version [b]2.5.5[/b].

[size=7pt]5/16/2011: New home is ready. Use link below.[/size]
[size=7pt]12/22/2010: These keymaps will be unavailable until their new home has been completed. Stay tuned.[/size]
[size=7pt]5/26/2010: These keymaps support VDL library version 2.5.2.[/size]

The download page:

[b][size=13pt][url=https://www.thewritescore.com/free-download/vdl-keymaps/]VDL Keymaps[/url][/size][/b]

Enjoy!
This continues to be a very useful tool! Thank you!

David
Now supports VDL library version [b]2.5.5[/b].
I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.
Original post has been edited to reflect most recent information.

Thank you for your patience during the down time.
[quote author=Dave Ratliff link=topic=1958.msg21075#msg21075 date=1305148117]
Hey Hugh - no sweat on the key maps.  I forgot to tell you that a few days later, I found the ones included with the 6.0 template and am now good to go.

Thanks man!
[/quote]

Great! Those will do you better anyway since they're customized for use within Sibelius.
Hey Hugh - no sweat on the key maps.  I forgot to tell you that a few days later, I found the ones included with the 6.0 template and am now good to go.

Thanks man!
Gotcha..thanks man!!
Hi Dave

Sorry for the delay on this. I don't have a firm date, but I'm guessing another two or three weeks or so.

Late
Hugh
Hugh,

Any word of when the keymaps will be back up?

Thanks!
[quote author=chznvrt link=topic=1958.msg18990#msg18990 date=1271390385]
An updated set of maps that reflects the 2.5.2 library update is on my to-do list.
[/quote]

The keymaps for the VDL 2.5.2 library update are now done.

[b][url=http://www.thewritescore.com/vdl-keymaps.html]Get 'em here![/url][/b]
Thanks, gentlemen.  For some reason I wasn't thinking clearly when I asked the question, but I see now that the keymap still correlates with the updated library.  I know that I need to print off the pdf's for the new instruments and other updated instruments from the ReadMe.pdf and replace the ";older"; keymap with the new ones supplied within the update.

Thanks, again, gents.
[quote author=ted_boliske link=topic=1958.msg18986#msg18986 date=1271383294]
... These key maps should still function fine. They just may not show the updates listed.
[/quote]

That is correct Ted.

An updated set of maps that reflects the 2.5.2 library update is on my to-do list.
The update includes 2 new rack combos. One for cymbals and a concert band combo. Plus, there were sounds added to the snare instruments and the bass drum/tam-tam combo. Additionally, a simulated log drum instrument was added. These key maps should still function fine. They just may not show the updates listed.
Hey, guys!  I just recently stumbled on this forum, so this is my very first post.

I've been using VDL 2.5 for a long while now, but I'm still fairly new to a ton of the intricacies. 

Please pardon me if this question shows my ignorance...
Is this updated keymap still useable with the newest 2.5.2 library update?  I guess I'm a little confused by thinking that the library updates simply improved some instruments' sound quality or addressed glitches with certain sounds.  I didn't think that some instruments were entirely re-mapped; thereby needing a new keymap. 
Any clarification regarding this would be much appreciated.

This is incredibly helpful - thank you!
Login or Signup to post a comment