VDL Keymaps - UPDATED 5/9/2012

5/9/2012: support for VDL library version [b]2.5.5[/b].

[size=7pt]5/16/2011: New home is ready. Use link below.[/size]
[size=7pt]12/22/2010: These keymaps will be unavailable until their new home has been completed. Stay tuned.[/size]
[size=7pt]5/26/2010: These keymaps support VDL library version 2.5.2.[/size]

The download page:

[b][size=13pt][url=https://www.thewritescore.com/free-download/vdl-keymaps/]VDL Keymaps[/url][/size][/b]

Enjoy!
Thanks, Hugh!
This is incredibly helpful - thank you!
Hey, guys!  I just recently stumbled on this forum, so this is my very first post.

I've been using VDL 2.5 for a long while now, but I'm still fairly new to a ton of the intricacies. 

Please pardon me if this question shows my ignorance...
Is this updated keymap still useable with the newest 2.5.2 library update?  I guess I'm a little confused by thinking that the library updates simply improved some instruments' sound quality or addressed glitches with certain sounds.  I didn't think that some instruments were entirely re-mapped; thereby needing a new keymap. 
Any clarification regarding this would be much appreciated.

The update includes 2 new rack combos. One for cymbals and a concert band combo. Plus, there were sounds added to the snare instruments and the bass drum/tam-tam combo. Additionally, a simulated log drum instrument was added. These key maps should still function fine. They just may not show the updates listed.
[quote author=ted_boliske link=topic=1958.msg18986#msg18986 date=1271383294]
... These key maps should still function fine. They just may not show the updates listed.
[/quote]

That is correct Ted.

An updated set of maps that reflects the 2.5.2 library update is on my to-do list.
Thanks, gentlemen.  For some reason I wasn't thinking clearly when I asked the question, but I see now that the keymap still correlates with the updated library.  I know that I need to print off the pdf's for the new instruments and other updated instruments from the ReadMe.pdf and replace the ";older"; keymap with the new ones supplied within the update.

Thanks, again, gents.
[quote author=chznvrt link=topic=1958.msg18990#msg18990 date=1271390385]
An updated set of maps that reflects the 2.5.2 library update is on my to-do list.
[/quote]

The keymaps for the VDL 2.5.2 library update are now done.

[b][url=http://www.thewritescore.com/vdl-keymaps.html]Get 'em here![/url][/b]
Hugh,

Any word of when the keymaps will be back up?

Thanks!
Hi Dave

Sorry for the delay on this. I don't have a firm date, but I'm guessing another two or three weeks or so.

Late
Hugh
Gotcha..thanks man!!
Hey Hugh - no sweat on the key maps.  I forgot to tell you that a few days later, I found the ones included with the 6.0 template and am now good to go.

Thanks man!
[quote author=Dave Ratliff link=topic=1958.msg21075#msg21075 date=1305148117]
Hey Hugh - no sweat on the key maps.  I forgot to tell you that a few days later, I found the ones included with the 6.0 template and am now good to go.

Thanks man!
[/quote]

Great! Those will do you better anyway since they're customized for use within Sibelius.
Original post has been edited to reflect most recent information.

Thank you for your patience during the down time.
I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.
Login or Signup to post a comment