Samples Missing?

I am a brand new user to Virtual Drumline 2.5 along with Kontakt Player (i got it in the mail two days ago). I am using Sibelius 4, so my VDL is acting as a stand alone with the virtual midi cable, and virtual midi keyboard that I downloaded from this forum. Everything seemed to be going fine until I tried to load instruments into my Kontakt Player, especially with battery percussion instruments. A samples missing dialog box pops up saying that many ";.wav"; files cannot be found and gives me a location within my computer where they are ";assumed at";. The ";assumed at"; location is located on my hard drive with some ";.nkx"; files and ";.nkc"; files. I looked on my computer for these files and located them in my Tapspace folder, but it seems as though there are no samples to be found.  I tried to resolve the problem with the choices given to me on the dialog box to no avail. I also read the user guide which stated that this error message appears if ";you've moved your library files to a different location..."; I have not moved any files since installing the program.  I have tried to figure out what is wrong, but I am so new at this I really have no idea. I am not foreign to computers and still cannot figure out what is going on, and I have not touched any files or file locations. If you could please help that would be awesome.

VDL 2.5
Kontakt 2.2.3.003
MacBook 10.4 Tiger
2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1 GB Memory
80 GB Hard drive
okay, i re-mapped the location of the libraries and restarted KP2 so that everything is aligned. now, i tried it again, but i got the same results. i did notice however, that the sounds such as marimba rosewood birch are there, but they are not darkened to where they can be selected.
Go to your [i]Virtual Drumline 2.5[/i] folder. In there, you should see some folders (Instruments, Multis, Documentation). Also, you should see some other files:
Virtual Drumline 2.5_001.nkx
Virtual Drumline 2.5_002.nkx
Virtual Drumline 2.5_003.nkx
Virtual Drumline 2.5_info.nkx

If those files aren't there, you'll get the ";samples missing"; message. You can find out if those files are living elsewhere on your computer by doing a quick search for them. If they're not there, you may drag them off your VDL 2.5 installer DVD.
they are there, but i noticed that their ending is .nkc, not .nkx like you stated
Those are not the .nkx files.
Those are the .nkc files.

Drag the .nkx files from your installation DVD into the same folder.
Login or Signup to post a comment