OT: Virtual Hornline?

Apologies if this has been brought up before in the past, but wouldn't it be nice to have good quality Drum Corps-esque Brass libraries.  Granted GPO marching band sounds are alright and gives you a sense on what it may sound like.  I am just curious if there is any one else out there that might feel the same way...
Kontakt (proper) library.
Or, you could splurge and add/use the Chris Hein Jazz Horns from EASTWEST.�� They're pretty sweet.

Check out: https://www.soundsonline.com/Chris-Hein-Jazz-Horns-pr-BS-398.html

I haven't used them - yet.�� But, I'm planning on it in the not too distant future.

Just depends on your budget as to whether you want to use them or not.

Hey drumcat (or anyone else), have you used these samples?
So i just got my EW stuff... It is quite astonishing in my opinion. While some of the samples are better than others in the library, it is great without a doubt one of the best ones i now own.
which version did you get?
I went for the Gold. lol... errr I guess that is applicable as a pun? lol
[quote author=palosjr link=topic=2343.msg12556#msg12556 date=1206415596]
I went for the Gold. lol... errr I guess that is applicable as a pun? lol
[/quote]

Hmm, I went for the Gold too...Loving it...
Yea it is pretty sweet to have an awesome brass library to function with the astonishing percussion library of VDL. ;-)
[quote author=palosjr link=topic=2343.msg12567#msg12567 date=1206468877]
Yea it is pretty sweet to have an awesome brass library to function with the astonishing percussion library of VDL. ;-)
[/quote]

Astonishing indeed.... Perhaps even more extraordinary if we combine VDL with say a VHL and get VDC (Virtual Drum Corps)  ;-)  Just dreaming some....
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)  ::DROOL::: that would be sooo awesome lol
if I bought the East West sounds, can I load them into the Kontakt Player 2 that came with VDL2.5? or is it another program that I would have to set up for use with Finale?
[quote author=ksalase link=topic=2343.msg13651#msg13651 date=1214860476]
if I bought the East West sounds, can I load them into the Kontakt Player 2 that came with VDL2.5? or is it another program that I would have to set up for use with Finale?
[/quote]

The current East West libraries are NI Kompakt Libraries which can't be loaded into KP2. They can however be loaded into Kompakt, or full Kontakt and hosted in Finale. They are in a transition to their new Play platform but these newer libraries are not compatible with NI samplers or being hosted in Finale.
[quote author=Mad Kiltie link=topic=2343.msg13653#msg13653 date=1214886656]
[quote author=ksalase link=topic=2343.msg13651#msg13651 date=1214860476]
[/quote]

The current East West libraries are NI Kompakt Libraries which can't be loaded into KP2. They can however be loaded into Kompakt, or full Kontakt and hosted in Finale. They are in a transition to their new Play platform but these newer libraries are not compatible with NI samplers or being hosted in Finale.
[/quote]

What about with Sibelius 5?
I may be wrong, but PLAY (the new player by East West) comes in VST and AU formats. It requires an iLok dongle, but if you're using a host that supports VST or AU (which Finale and Sibelius now do), I think you could do this. Granted, these libraries may be a little more geared towards working in a DAW environment, so it's debatable how effective the workflow may be within a notation program. Still, functionality-wise I think it would work. When in doubt, check with the manufacturers first.
[quote][/quote]

Astonishing indeed.... Perhaps even more extraordinary if we combine VDL with say a VHL and get VDC (Virtual Drum Corps)  ;-)  Just dreaming some....
[quote][/quote]

Sample the sound of a rifle/flag/sabre being caught, and I'd say you have the whole thing!
[quote author=erath link=topic=2343.msg13666#msg13666 date=1215049751]
[quote][/quote]

Sample the sound of a rifle/flag/sabre being caught, and I'd say you have the whole thing!
[/quote]

Haha...that be great...
Login or Signup to post a comment