problem w/ finale to sibelius conversion......

Would anyone happen to know an alernate way to convert a finale file to sibelius?  It is giving me a ";fatal error"; message when it tries to open.  The file was created in Finale 2007c.  It was exported to MusicXML format. Sibelius 5 is supposed to be able to open this right?  has anyone else had this problem?  Am I missing something here? 
Thanks,
Chris
Gabe,
We got it taken care of--the arranger saved as MusicXML in finale 2007, opened in 06, converted that to another MusicXML from 06.  it then opened just fine in Sib 5.
Thanks for the offer--I am going to make a mental note of your offer for possible future problems concerning this. :-)
Chris
I  do not at this moment--but i could definetly get him to send it to me.  Thanks so much for the offer.  It will be later this evening before I could have it, but if by then we have not come up with a solution, I will definetly take you up on the offer.
Thanks,
Chris
[quote author=Jim Casella link=topic=2397.msg12753#msg12753 date=1207590922]
I'm not sure about this one Chris. It may have to do with one of a few variables:

1 - Sibelius's Music XML import functionality

2 - How the Music XML file was exported in Finale

3 - Something to do with the part that deals with Music XML in both of these programs. Dolet is the full plugin you can buy from Recordare which does more than what comes bundled in Finale/Sibelius. One thing to check is this. Which version of Music XML was the piece exported in? I'm not quite sure off the top of my head how you can tell this, but there may be some sort of compatibility problem if the piece was exported in Music XML 2.0, and Sib is trying to open it with Music XML 1.1 in mind. This may or may not be relevant, but worth looking into with the people at Sibelius.

Let us know if you find a solution. Good luck!
[/quote]

Do you have access to the original Finale file?  If you do, send me a PM and I will try to convert it for you.

Gabe Cobas
I'm not sure about this one Chris. It may have to do with one of a few variables:

1 - Sibelius's Music XML import functionality

2 - How the Music XML file was exported in Finale

3 - Something to do with the part that deals with Music XML in both of these programs. Dolet is the full plugin you can buy from Recordare which does more than what comes bundled in Finale/Sibelius. One thing to check is this. Which version of Music XML was the piece exported in? I'm not quite sure off the top of my head how you can tell this, but there may be some sort of compatibility problem if the piece was exported in Music XML 2.0, and Sib is trying to open it with Music XML 1.1 in mind. This may or may not be relevant, but worth looking into with the people at Sibelius.

Let us know if you find a solution. Good luck!
not what I need to hear right now..............:-\
I am also in the same boat. I have tried a few didnt ways, and nothing seemed to work. I did the good ol' ";google"; and found some things, but they all ended with users saying that none of the methods worked, and through my own trials, I discovered the same.


hmmmm. . . ::sigh:: lol
Login or Signup to post a comment