Audio Editing Programs

Hey guys,

Im relatively new to this whole thing and i was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction to a good audio editing software thats free or light on the wallets. Im a mac user running tiger so anything that works with that and produces great results would be a great suggestion. Thanks a bunch.

Matt
GarageBand since you have it, and it was free. But Audacity is a really sweet little app as well. It has grerat functionality, and I have yet to have any type of problems with it.
Garage Band gets the job done, and you already have it.  There's already a tutorial for it and everything!  =p

https://www.tapspace.com/forums/index.php?topic=767.0
Do a google search for ";Wire Tap Studio"; by Ambrosia Software.  VERY cool program that will run you around $30.  You can add tons of effects and can manipulate the audio files as well.  Pretty cool stuff...
im looking to make some good quality recordings. add reverb and stuff like that. i know sibelius does this but i wanna be able to work with the audio clip a little bit more.
Peak LE is also a good program. And since you are using a Mac, Garageband should have come loaded on your hard drive. ";What specifically are you hoping to do with the program?"; is probably the real question.

Ted Boliske
I second that...Audacity is a very good application that is free.
Google: Audacity. That's the crowd favorite around here and it's free.

Not too shabby for a free program, either.
Login or Signup to post a comment