KP2-Finale 2006c-Keyboard problems

I am having problems when I start working with the Kontakt player within the finale program. The samples are loading and everything is set up properly. However, the kontakt player is not reading the midi keyboard within the Finale program. When I am running KP2 as a standalone program, it is reading the keyboard.

I have tried many different things and it still will not work. I know that I have checked the midi output/input settings on KP2 many times. There is no way to do that within the Finale program though. It doesn't give me that option. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Check this link. A quick search of the forums would have found it. In the future please be a bit more specific about your system as you don't say which OS you're working with, how your keyboard is connected, etc.

Ted Boliske
Hi Ted. I couldn't find a link with your post. I am sorry I was not more specific. I am working with Windows XP and Finale 2006c. Thanks!
[quote author=ted_boliske link=topic=2532.msg13513#msg13513 date=1213706768]
Check this link. A quick search of the forums would have found it. In the future please be a bit more specific about your system as you don't say which OS you're working with, how your keyboard is connected, etc.

Ted Boliske
[/quote]

Here are a couple of links.

https://www.tapspace.com/forums/index.php?topic=2007.0

https://www.tapspace.com/forums/index.php?topic=2501.0
[quote author=fhsperc link=topic=2532.msg13512#msg13512 date=1213676027]
I am having problems when I start working with the Kontakt player within the finale program. The samples are loading and everything is set up properly. However, the kontakt player is not reading the midi keyboard within the Finale program. When I am running KP2 as a standalone program, it is reading the keyboard.

I have tried many different things and it still will not work. I know that I have checked the midi output/input settings on KP2 many times. There is no way to do that within the Finale program though. It doesn't give me that option. Any suggestions? Thanks!
[/quote]

Do you have MIDI THRU checked and set to SMART when you go to the MIDI MENU -->MIDI THRU?  Check this and make sure it is set accordingly. Check this and let us know if this doesn't work.  If you (within Finale) open the Keyboard at the bottom and click on the shaded notes do they play?

Keep in mind that KP2 is not supported with Finale 2006 as this version of Finale was during the KP1 cycle and technically KP2 (in some respects) was still under development when 2007 was released.
Are you saying that it has never worked or you can get it working and next time you open finale, it won't work?

Sometimes to get everything communicating, I have to turn off the VST by switching back to MIDI and then go back to VST.  The keyboard and computer will always sync up after that.
Login or Signup to post a comment