Problems exporting audio files with Audacity

I know this is a forum about VDL, but I am beyond desperate here. I have been trying to use Audacity 1.2.6 in conjunction with Sibelius 4 and VDL 2 and have been unsuccessful. I have tried setting the input to Line In AND Microphone because there is no Stereo option. Am I just missing something? Am I just not seeing where the real input selection box is? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Not all soundcards support it, especially laptops and built-in ";cheap"; soundcards.

Please post your system specs next time.
All I know is that I am working with Windows XP. I have no idea what my ";system specs"; are.
Snarekidjoel - this is pretty basic stuff, but you may not have taken the time to make yourself clear. Your system specs (specifications) are things like CPU type, CPU speed, amount of memory, hard drive speed, soundcard make and model. Basic stuff about your machine that might help someone here (who can't see or touch your computer) offer suggestions. When you take the extra time to provide this sort of detail and present your question without any need for people to answer with more questions, you'll probably receive better suggestions.

As you mentioned, this is a VDL forum and it's full of helpful, smart people. But they won't be very helpful if you don't provide some simple, basic information that will allow them to help you.

Please be sure to read the forum guidelines here:
https://www.tapspace.com/forums/index.php?topic=436.0

Regarding your initial question, did you check with the Audacity help site? (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/)
Sorry for the hassle, I'm just absolutely clueless when it comes to computers. But yes I did go to the Audacity help site and I couldn't find what I was looking for. Oh well, I'll just keep trying. Thanks for listening.
Eek I should've read the guidelines, sorry!
Ok as far as system specifications go (and I'm merely guessing here so excuse me if I don't use the correct terminology or whatever), I have a Pentium(R) 4 processor and it runs at 2.80GHz. I have 1.99 GB of RAM. As for a sound card, I have no clue. I looked in the device manager in the properties of ";My Computer"; and under the Sound, Video and Game Controllers it says I have Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media Control Devices, SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC, Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device, USB Audio Device, and Video Codecs. But I have no idea what any of that means.

If you took the time to read all that, thank you. Really.
Login or Signup to post a comment