Piano sounds playing the same time as percussion sounds

Hello all!

Here is something I found very strange. When I run Kontak Player 2 by itself, when I play on the keyboard at the bottom, I hear the percussion sounds and the same piano note at the same time. This only happens when I use the mouse on the keyboard at the bottom. It does not happen when I use my Key Rig-49. I don't know if a setting is wrong or what. It only seems to happen in stand alone mode. My Finale 2007 semms to be running VDL just fine. It only happens when I use the mouse and the keyboard at the bottom to sample sounds. I don't know if this is something I need to be worried about, or if i should just let it go. If anyone else has had this problem, how did you fix it? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Win XP
2 gb ram
VDL 2.5.1
Key Rig 49
Audiophile 2496
Thanks Scott.

I've been finding out, while playing around with everything, if you have missed a setting or forgot to change it back, things can sound funny or not work at all. I can't thank you guys for your help. If I do have any more questions or problems, I'll let you guys know.

Thanks again,

Shawn
[quote author=ShawnSnare link=topic=2708.msg14425#msg14425 date=1220745339]
Everything is set to off. It works just fine now. Thanks for the fix.

Thank you very much Jim. I love the sounds that came with VDL. Thanks for all of your hard work to bring this to all of us.

Thanks again,

Shawn
[/quote]

Great to hear that worked for you.  Anytime something like that happens, I would always go to the MIDI Settings in the KP2 first and check what is turned on.  Usually, something is on that shouldn't be.  :)
Everything is set to off. It works just fine now. Thanks for the fix.

Thank you very much Jim. I love the sounds that came with VDL. Thanks for all of your hard work to bring this to all of us.

Thanks again,

Shawn
Make sure everything under the OUTPUT section is set to ";off.";
I checked the input - Delta ap is off
The ouput - Delta ap midi is off
                    Microsoft gs wavetable is on

Thanks,

Shawn
Shawn,

Go to the Kontakt Player 2 menu in the top left and then SETUP.  Click on the settings option and then go to the MIDI Tab.  What inputs/outputs do you have set as ";on";?
Login or Signup to post a comment