VDL 2.5 with Sib 5.2 Playback Problem

I'm running Sibelius 5.2 with VDL 2.5 on my MAC OS 10.5.4.
Whenever I enter notes using my MIDI keyboard OR Corey Peterson's ";VDLMidi"; The wrong note shows up. for example, if I wanted to put a concert snare RH hit onto the staff I would hit the corresponding key on the MIDI Keyboard; however, when I do this I get a different sound (a random note-head on a random line/space). No matter what sound I try to put in (shots, rims, hits, etc.) It will give me the same sound (or just a note with no sound)

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this, because I can't get any work done (other than manually changing every note, which takes forever.)

Thank You very much!

===
Geoffrey D Martin
GDMusic
geoffreydmartin@mac.com
Did you download the Sibelius 5.2 Template?
yes, I use the template. I haven't had any problems with it until a couple days ago.
[quote author=GeoffreyDMartin link=topic=2826.msg14984#msg14984 date=1227389841]
yes, I use the template. I haven't had any problems with it until a couple days ago.
[/quote]

Make sure that you haven't changed your Playback Configuration. As in, changed to a different sound set.
[quote author=chznvrt link=topic=2826.msg14985#msg14985 date=1227389949]
Make sure that you haven't changed your Playback Configuration. As in, changed to a different sound set.
[/quote]

That is what I thought at first, but I am sure that it is not that. The VDL instruments load, but no matter what sound I try to input the same ";random"; sound is displayed and plays back.
I would try downloading the 5.2 (not the 5 or 5.1) template again + related files and start fresh. 
I'm sorry to say - VDLMidi (probably) won't work with VDL 2.5. I haven't tested every part of it, but I haven't tried matching it up to the new keymaps for 2.5.

I want to do an update that will use information from the Sibelius files for better accuracy, but that has gotten delayed by other priorities (teaching, work, and my wedding)��_

So when you are doing tests, validate with the midi keyboard.
[quote author=Corey Peterson link=topic=2826.msg14998#msg14998 date=1227508690]
[...]So when you are doing tests, validate with the midi keyboard.
[/quote]

I haden't run into a problem with VDLMidi yet, but if I do that will explain it.
However, Whether I use the Midi Keyboard or VDLMidi, I get the same phenomenon. It is quite weird. I don't know how to explain it better. When I get back home, I will un and re install everything, and get new templates from this site. Hopefully, a complete dump and rebuild will take care of it.

Thanks

(And VDLMidi saved my life when my Keyboard crashed a few months ago, Thanks Corey.)
Are you absolutely certain the instrument you're entering is one that was created for the VDL template? When creating your instruments (prior to entering notes), you should see the VDL template instruments from which to select. Sounds like you haven't had problems with this before, but if you're using a stock snare instrument, and not the concert snare instrument from the VDL template, you'll get some irregular results for sure.

In this score, can you check your ";Edit noteheads"; window? How many noteheads do you see in the list?
Login or Signup to post a comment