Can VDL2 work with Sibelius 5.2?

I know this has been discussed before, but I started a new topic instead of replying to the previous one because there was some red text at the top of the screen saying that it would be a better idea to post a new topic since the previous one had not been opened in over 120 days. Jim said [quote author=Jim Casella link=topic=2656.msg14126#msg14126 date=1218489364]
VDL2 isn't officially supported in Sibelius 5. Your best bet would be to upgrade to VDL 2.5. [/quote] So does that mean you HAVE to have VDL 2.5 for Sibelius 5? I ordered the upgrade but I am impatient :)
Since I will be getting the upgrade soon, my question about VDL2 and Sibelius 5 is not urgent; I'm just curious so I can have some temporary fun until I get my VDL 2.5.
Conceptually, yes...this is what you'd be doing. However the method for setting things like MIDI channels is a bit different in Sibelius 5, so you may have to do some fiddling or reading about ";Manual Sound Sets"; to get this to function properly. If you're awaiting your VDL 2.5 update, it may be a little easier just to wait. That process is generally much more refined and convenient.
So I would just run things similarly to the way you set things up using Sibelius 4?
You could run VDL2 in standalone mode, set Sibelius to use ";Manual Sound Sets";, then route MIDI information OUT of Sibeilus into VDL2. This will require a completely different set of steps than you'll use once you're hosting VDL 2.5 (which uses Kontakt Player 2) directly within Sibelius.

So, technically it's possible. But since it's such a different process than what you'll do with 2.5, I think you might find it pretty cumbersome.
Login or Signup to post a comment