Staff Order for Finale Template

Okay, so this is a personal preference -- I like my battery to be at the bottom of my percussion score. How can I do this and still use the template? Everything becomes so hard without the template, but the score is out of order (in my opinion). Any one know how I can rearrange and/or switch staves?

Thanks,
Dustin Smith
1) Switch to Scroll View (Ctrl + E or View Menu -> Scroll View)
2) Zoom out so you can see the entire score ( Ctrl and - key)
3) Select the Staff Tool
4) Select the Battery staves (Shift + Click on the handles above the clef signs, or click + drag to select multiple)
5) Drag the battery staves to the bottom of the score by clicking on the handle above the clef sign
6) Go to Staff Menu -> Respace Staves
7) Just press OK on the Respace Staves dialog box

Look a bit better now?

I'd do a 'Save As' to save your custom version so you only have to do it once.
If there is enough interest and some consensus, we can develop multiple templates such as battery at the top or bottom of the page. This was some of the reasoning behind having both an indoor and an outdoor Finale template. As Justin has demonstrated, it is not difficult to rearrange the order of staves, just a bit tedious.

So, for any one interested in changing the look of the finale templates email or personal message me with suggestions.

Ted
Thanks Justin! Ted I think that would be a great idea. I love that you guys made seperate indoor and outdoor. I would really appreciate it, and I'm sure others would as well.

Thank you so much,
Dustin
Login or Signup to post a comment