5.1 - 5.2.5 conversion problem with noteheads/stems

Interesting.  I watched the tutorial on conversion and
printed out the Read Me section on converting from
5.1 - 5.2.5

I copied the bass drum part from a 5.1 score into
a 5.2.5 template set up with the same bass drum (lite)
and this is what I got.  This also happened when trying
to convert full scores from 5.1 - 5.2.5

Anyone have this happen?  Know what needs to be



I sent you a PM.
Hey Neal

Based on the picture you provided showing the bass drum stem problem, my first idea was that those files were created in Sibelius 4 or earlier (I know I've seen that very thing happen before). My suspicions were verified upon examination of the three sib files you sent me. All three of them have notehead definitions that match the old Sib 4 template - and there was no VDL Ensemble specified either.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to ";convert"; them to 5.2.5. Only 5.1 or later files can be converted.

Your only option I see is to start with a fresh copy of the 5.2.5 Template and re-input everything in again manually. (Actually, there is another way, but I assure you that you don't want to go that route.)

Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but now you know.

Login or Signup to post a comment