Kensington Expert Mouse w/Sibelius 5

Has anyone out there used the Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball with Sibelius?  I bought one yesterday and I absolutely love it, but when I program the bottom 2 buttons to be left and right scroll it does not work in sibelius.  (it scrolls up and down)  I have tested it in other applications and it works right. It seems to be a Sibelius issue...........which I will post on the Sibelius forum as well, but for whatever reason, I can't get to there right now......
Thanks in advance for any help!!
Chris
[quote author=cmac76 link=topic=3101.msg16391#msg16391 date=1243362659]
Has anyone out there used the Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball with Sibelius?  I bought one yesterday and I absolutely love it, but when I program the bottom 2 buttons to be left and right scroll it does not work in sibelius.  (it scrolls up and down)  I have tested it in other applications and it works right. It seems to be a Sibelius issue...........which I will post on the Sibelius forum as well, but for whatever reason, I can't get to there right now......
Thanks in advance for any help!!
Chris
[/quote]

Unfortunately, the kensington line has issues with Sibelius.  I've had a couple of Kensington mice and they were hi and miss with Sibelius.  I am not sure there if there is a driver available.  Have you checked for updates on the Kensington site?
Thanks Gabe........yes I have downloaded all of the most recent drivers.  This is a minor issue and I honestly think that I am already over it.  This trackball is a little beast, and there are many other things that I can do with the buttons and such.  The scroll left and right was just something that I thought would be convenient for those buttons.....still not sure why it doesn't work....but oh well.......it's still worth it.....Thanks!!
Chris
It's nothing you've done wrong. I have the same issue with Finale and the Kensington Trackball.
Thanks--good to know--I am a little aggravated about it, but I will find plenty of ways to make it useful....Chris
Login or Signup to post a comment