Failed Installation with MacBook Pro

Hey guys. I just got a new MacBook and have been unable thus far to install VDL 2.5. After inserting the disc and selecting steps for installation, it acts as though it is about to install, with the screen that says ";Items to install: 441,"; and then it just disappears with nothing installed. Any ideas? Thanks!

Alex
Hi Alex,

I'm guessing that this problem is most likely attributed to the installer on the disk being incompatible with Leopard. Depending on when you got your copy of VDL 2.5 there may have been a slip in the DVD case about this. In either case, you can download the Leopard-compatible installer [url=https://www.tapspace.com/Downloads-Updates-p-2.html#VDL25LeopardInstaller]here[/url].

Thanks so much Jim! Problem completely solved. I appreciate the help--the speed with which you respond always amazes me.
Uh oh--I may have spoken too soon. I now have a warning which appeared as the .nkx files were being transferred from the disk to the VDL 2.5 folder which reads ";The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in Virtual Drumline 2.5_001.nkx could not be read or written (Error code -36)."; Any ideas?
Hmm - I'm not sure. Just to be extra diligent, try copying the three .nkx files one at a time into the VDL 2.5 folder. Start with 003, let it completely copy, then do 002. Once it's done completely copying, then do 001. If you receive the error message again, please report back and let us know if you get it on each file, or if it's just certain ones. Depending on how long you've had the disk, I'm wondering if there may be some scratches on the disc causing the file not to read completely. You may want to check that out.
Thanks so much Jim. After figuring out that it was only the 001 file that wouldn't copy, I cleaned the disk (with toothpaste, believe it or not) and it has now copied successfully. Once again thanks a lot!

Alex
Wow I am unlucky. Does the NI Service Center installer have a patch as well? It is having the same problem as the VL installer has, simply disappearing without installing.
There may be a similar problem with the Service Center installer on the VDL 2.5 disk. I'd recommend downloading their latest one [url=http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=freeupdates]here[/url].

Sounds like you're just about there. Glad to hear it, and thanks for being patient working through a few of the kinks!
Thanks! Their server has been down all afternoon. But when it is up again I should be able to take care of that. One final question: how is the Sibelius 5.2 template applied? To be honest I am unsure what to do with it. Thanks so much.
It looks like they've been overhauling their website so I'm not sure if that link will still work or not. Regardless, just go to support>unprotected downloads and you should be able to navigate to [b]Service Center[/b] to get the latest and greatest.

I'm not sure what you mean by how the 5.2 template is applied. Did you watch the tutorial videos? You may also want to consider upgrading to 5.2.5 as there are a few added features in that template.
Ok thanks I will. Thank you so much for your help during this process; I really appreciate it!
I do have one more question. This was an issue before I switched computers, and now, having switched and properly applied the template (as per the tutorial video), it is still an issue: when playing back a score, every marching bass drum hit sounds like a rim hit. No matter what I change the sound to in the ";Edit Instruments"; menu, none of my regular bass drum hits sound like the normal open tone I'm looking for. What do you think?
Anybody have any ideas?
[quote author=AlexanderMFischer link=topic=3157.msg16694#msg16694 date=1245516881]
I do have one more question. This was an issue before I switched computers, and now, having switched and properly applied the template (as per the tutorial video), it is still an issue: when playing back a score, every marching bass drum hit sounds like a rim hit. No matter what I change the sound to in the ";Edit Instruments"; menu, none of my regular bass drum hits sound like the normal open tone I'm looking for. What do you think?
[/quote]

I think we need more information from you in order to help you.

What version of everything are you running? What have you tried so far?

If you have precisely followed the instructions in the Readme and video tutorials, at which step is it not working?

For example, start a new score and see if you can duplicate the problem. If not, then the error is specific to that other file.

Let us know.
I'm using Sibelius 5, VDL 2, and the 5.2 template. The problem occurs in any score I create using the sound for either Auto or Manual Bassline. The exception is the Lite version, which works correctly. The issue occurs when I try to play back any non-Lite bassline writing.
Login or Signup to post a comment