Kontakt Player 2 folder has a - in it.

Hello all,

I've experienced computer problems (desktop) recently and had to erase my hard drive and reinstall OS X Leopard to get everything running smoothly.

After the OS was installed I did a migration assistant to copy my laptop hard drive to my desktop hard drive. I went to see if everything transfered o.k. and my Kontakt Player 2 folder has a dash inside a red circle on it.  I wasn't for sure if this had anything to do with downloading the VDL 2.5 Leopard installer, so I followed those instructions.  Still no KP2 icon to open VDL with.  Please help. 

Here are my specs.  Mac Pro, 4GB Ram, 250hd, 500hd, OS 10.5.8, VDL 2.5.1

I just received Sib 6 in the mail and am looking forward to start some work for the upcoming seasons.  I hope this is an easy fix.  Thanks
Those types of utilities can be really helpful. I'm not sure if it would clean out preferences specific to VDL 2.5 or just KontaktPlayer2. Since VDL isn't technically an application, I'm not sure if AppCleaner would work in this scenario. If so, that'd be a much simpler way to go.
Touche - I think it was time for me to go to bed when I read your message, since I just glossed over it and read your .plist file as a KP2 file.

Hey guys, thanks for all your help.  For some odd reason it didn't work with the main CPU admin/my name account, it works fine with the imported one and I spoke with somenoe today at apple and we just erased the username.  Thanks again, I did learn a lot about my system and the mistakes I made during this upgrade.  No more upgrades for a while for me.  Thanks again.

Jeremy - glad to hear you're on track, despite the various hassles. Thanks for letting us know. Onward!
Just when I thought I was out of the woods, there is no playback from the VDL 6.0 soundset.  I have opened Kontakt Player 2 by itself and loaded a sound, works.  I opened the mixer in Sibelius with the 6.0 soundset and clicked show me, and no sound came from tapping on the keyboard provided in the KP2 player.  I haven't finished all the tutorial videos yet, so there may be something in there that helps, and I will watch.  I also went into sibelius preferences to make sure my imput devices are set up correctly, and I see the green light when I tap my keyboard.  Also the noteheads are being displayed correctly for certain sounds, but no playback. 

thanks.
I'm presuming you're using the Sib6 Template. Are the sounds actually loading into KP2 when you've started a score i.e. are the appropriate keys on the KP2 keyboard turning blue once the instruments have loaded?
no, they did not....

from the playback devices menu, I loaded an instrument from the ";show me"; option and it played back thru the tower, not my speakers.  Everything else plays back through the speakers, KP2 in stand alone playes back through the speakers. However the KP2 didn't load instruments once I selected various instruments from the instruments menu.  hope this is helpful
Are you sure the 6.0 sound set is in the right place? Make sure you've copied it to the folder that belongs to the new user:

[i]Macintosh HD/Users/[new migrated username]/Library/Application Support/Sibelius Software/Sibelius 6/Sounds[/i] (might have to create the sounds folder)

It sounds like everything is installed properly, but the sound set is just not in the correct directory. We're getting close :-)
Yes, I double checked the pathway of the 6.0 template.  Now, this may help or hurt, I don't know.  I am going through the Trigger test videos and test world b, and rhythm steel triggers and the KP2 player loaded the instruments and the playback is still from my tower, while however itunes and any other device is playing back through my speakers. 

I'm so sorry this is such an issue, and I really appreciate your help. 

I just deleted the configurations I had made with the VDL 6.0 soundset, and tried to test the stock configurations.  The Kontakt Essentials 16 sounds shows as a VST and I tested to the playback under the test button, and recieved ";KontaktPlayer2 file was not found. Please check if library is installed correctly";.
I'm not quite for sure what I did.  I reinstalled the leopard patch, changed the audio output in the Audio Engines Option, and things seem o.k. so far.  Hope this was it. Thanks again.

By what you're describing, it sounds like you might not have Sibelius' audio settings going to the correct output. Try this:

1) Go into your ";Playback Devices"; window and click the [b]Audio Engine Options[/b] button.
2) Under ";Interface"; be sure you've selected the device from which you want to hear playback.
3) Check a loaded instrument in Kontakt Player to see if you hear it now.
Login or Signup to post a comment