difference???

what is the difference between snare auto RL and snare manual and snare manual lite and vdl1???
What are you entering in the score?  Are there just notes, or have you been adding expressions, SmartShapes, articulations, etc?

To have more 'realistic' playback, good engraving is almost required.  Proper placement of the above markings and utilizing those markings will make all the difference.

Also, are you using the lite instruments, or the full?
i did read those. How do i get more of a snareline sound... right now it sounds like one snare. what do i need to change

Windows vista
finale 2010
indoor or outdoor template
VD2.5
snare auto RL

When recorded, the drumline sampled (recorded) both right and left hand samples. All of this is in the VDL manual that I mentioned in a previous post (pg. 78-82 to be exact).  You simply need to read the documentation. Also, more descriptive subject lines for your posts would be great - something like ";Difference between different SnareLine instruments"; - ";difference???"; is not very helpful in indicating what the thread is about.

[b]Snare Auto RL:[/b] Automatically alternates between the right and left hand samples, regardless of rhythm or sticking. You can use this if you'd prefer to not have to worry about entering the right and left hand sounds manually

[b]Snare Manual:[/b] Allows you to enter either right or left hand sounds to create a realistic representation of what it would actually sound like if your desired stickings were played i.e. paraddidles will sound like paradiddles.

[b]Snare Manual LITE:[/b] Same as Manual, but less sample at fewer dynamic levels are loaded.  For instance, the manual might load 12 different dynamic levels, while the LITE loads 6.  I'm not sure of the exact number, but this is the basic idea.

[b]Snare VDL1:[/b] If you created a score that used the VDL1 library, loading this patch will load the sounds mapped in the same way as they were in VDL1. You're still getting the VDL2.5 sounds, just mapped to the VDL1 mapping. You would only need to use this if your had written music using VDL1.

If you haven't already, you need to read through both the User Manual that came with VDL, as well as the Readme that came with the Finale 2010 template.

The user manual can be found at [i]\[Directory where you installed VDL]\Tapspace\Virtual Drumline 2.5\Documentation[/i]
Login or Signup to post a comment