"The Graves" opens this weekend. Come hear my film score!

Hello good people of the Tapspace forum. I hope you won't mind just a brief moment of pimping.

A little over a year ago, I completed work on the musical score to the feature film, [url=http://www.TheGravesMovie.com/]The Graves[/url], and it's opening this weekend as a part of Horrorfest 4 - After Dark Films' [i]8 Films to Die For[/i] event.

This is a low budget horror flick which I realize may or may not be everyone's cup of tea. But after the grueling process of writing over 70 minutes of music for this beast (not including rewrites!), I'd sure love it if as many people saw it as possible. Plus, the fact that this will get a theatrical release rather than going straight to DVD is a big deal.

As a side note, Virtual Drumline makes a few appearances throughout the score. See if you can identify which VDL instrument I use most. :)

As an independent release, every attendee counts. Please tell your colleagues, friends, enemies, families and anyone else you can think of. Here's a link to my announcement. Please email, tweet, post this link everywhere you can think of to help me spread the word.

http://bit.ly/cb5Reg

Thank you!!
My hats off to you, my man. Great stuff :)

You have to be in a completely different frame of mind when writing that stuff, huh? Most of us on this board write music that is so melody driven, how does writing for this industry differ? I would imagine the aspect of lining things up would go fairly hand-in-hand with timings for a marching show. But instead of making the pit run line up with the rifle catch, it's making this ";weird metallic hallway echo"; sound peek with a zil bell as her head falls off.

That HAD to be a blast to write!
Don't forget all of us when you're walking that red carpet in a few years :-)
[quote author=Jim Casella link=topic=3518.msg18501#msg18501 date=1264552471]
As a side note, Virtual Drumline makes a few appearances throughout the score. See if you can identify which VDL instrument I use most. :)
[/quote]

Just a couple of guesses here but I'm thinking typewriter, cuica or rototoms. Wait, maybe it's a garden weasel or the metronome. Horror flick, you say? Okay, probably the flexatone.

My serious guess (without having heard any of it yet) is waterphone.

And, I'm really NOT into horror flicks, but I could see myself buying the DVD to support the cause and just not watching the screen. That too might also scare the crap out of me... I don't know...

All the same, this is really way cool, Jim! Congratulations!!!

P.S. - The website sufficiently creeped me out... I'm such a pansy...
Waterphone would have been my guess as well, Eric.
I miss read Eric's one guess as flamethrower and not flexatone.

My eyes are getting really bad.
[quote author=ted_boliske link=topic=3518.msg18508#msg18508 date=1264615450]
I miss read Eric's one guess as flamethrower and not flexatone.

[/quote]

I'm thinking that's GOTTA be in VDL 3...
[quote author=erath link=topic=3518.msg18509#msg18509 date=1264632848]

[/quote]
I'm thinking that's GOTTA be in VDL 3...
[/quote]

When it comes time in the kids music for ";Flamethrower"; just turn up your T.V. REALLY LOUD and torch a guy in Call of Duty.
Login or Signup to post a comment