HELP! Kontakt and VDL Library error

I am using Sibelius 6 and recently upgraded my HD on my Macbook Pro. The new HD is a clone of my previous one. When trying to use sibelius with the VDL library it gives me a message saying: ";Kontakt Player - File was not found, Please check if Library is installed correctly";. I've never had an issue with this until now. Could someone shed some light on the situation?

Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz
4GB RAM
500 GB 7200Rpm HD
Snow Leopard
[quote author=Jim Casella link=topic=3674.msg20399#msg20399 date=1290038724]
[quote author=snaretech link=topic=3674.msg20398#msg20398 date=1290032463]
Hi Jim, hope all is well. I was having the same problem but I came on the forum and read through the post and found the answer to why I kept on getting the ";file not found. Please check and see if library is installed correctly";. But I keep getting the same message for my sibelius sound essentials. Is the path not the same and if not what is it? I am running a MacBook Pro 10.6.5. Like I said the path worked for the VDL but I am still get the message for my sibelius sound essentials. Thanks!

PS I've gone on sibelius site and haven't found anything.
[/quote]

Which version of Sibelius are you running? Essentials used to use Kontakt Player, but since Sibelius 6, it actually runs within the Sibelius' own ";Sibelius Player.";

[/quote]

I am using Sibelius 6
I think with what you said I have fixed the problem. So if I understand it correctly, if I want just to do a wind score just use Sibelius Sounds not Sibelius Sounds Essentials? If I want to do a full band score use Kontakt and Sibelius Sounds?
";Sibelius Sounds"; is the brand. ";Essentials"; is the library. Just like ";Tapspace"; is the brand and ";Virtual Drumline"; is the library.

If you're loading ";Sibelius Sounds"; as you playback configuration, you'll notice it creates a ";Sibelius Player"; in the RH column (active devices). Then you'll also notice that ";Essentials"; is the sound set which is assigned to the Sibelius Player device. The sound set corresponds to the library from which you want sounds to be selected. Since the Sibelius Player only offers sounds from their Essentials library, that's the only sound set option you'll see there.
[quote author=Jim Casella link=topic=3674.msg20402#msg20402 date=1290040410]
";Sibelius Sounds"; is the brand. ";Essentials"; is the library. Just like ";Tapspace"; is the brand and ";Virtual Drumline"; is the library.

If you're loading ";Sibelius Sounds"; as you playback configuration, you'll notice it creates a ";Sibelius Player"; in the RH column (active devices). Then you'll also notice that ";Essentials"; is the sound set which is assigned to the Sibelius Player device. The sound set corresponds to the library from which you want sounds to be selected. Since the Sibelius Player only offers sounds from their Essentials library, that's the only sound set option you'll see there.
[/quote]

Thanks Jim! I got it!
Login or Signup to post a comment