VDL stopped working

I'm using Sibelius 6 and VDL 2.5 in Mac OSX.

Everything was working great for a few months, but now I can't get ANY sounds to play back, even when I open the files that I recently wrote with VDL. 

A week ago I was arranging a piece for a concert band, so I changed my sound configuration to the standard Sibelius sound set.  That worked fine.  Now I change it back to what I was using for VDL, and I can't get any sounds.  I have no idea why this is a problem, but hopefully I'm just overlooking something.  Any ideas?
The method for troubleshooting this will vary depending on whether you're using Sibelius or Finale.

In Sibelius, be sure you're understanding the difference between the following items in the Playback Devices window.

�ۢ Playback Configuration
�ۢ Available/Active Devices
�ۢ Sound Set

It's also not a bad idea to become familiar with the ";Audio Engine Options"; window to ensure Sibelius is communicating with your audio driver and soundcard properly.

Remember, when setting up your VDL soundsets for KontaktPlayer, saving those as a Playback Configuration will help you to more quickly recall your settings if switching back and forth between different configurations.

Masleono - since your issue pertains to Finale, I'd recommend you start a new topic and list the precise steps you've taken, including your system specs, Finale settings, MIDI settings within Finale, and soundcard information.
I'm fairly certain this is happening to me as well...the only difference being I saved the file last night when it was playing perfectly and now none of the sounds will playback. I'm running VDL 2.5 on Finale 2011 on my Macbook Pro.
Login or Signup to post a comment