Problem updating VDL 2.5

I recently purchased VDL 2.5.  I checked the Kontakt player version number and is telling me 2.2.2.1.  I set up the Native Instruments Service Center and it wouldn't connect to the internet (no problems with my connection and took down all firewall and shields).

After some research I found that a newer version of the Service Center would work.  I downloaded and installed it.  It activated VDL and Kontakt, however it is showing no an update to 2.5.1 or 2.5.2, and no update for Kontakt to 2.2.4.

Is there something I am missing?

Trying to run Finale 2012 on my Windows 7 laptop.
Glad to hear you sorted this out.

The instructions for the VDL 2.5.2 library updater are actually intended with the assumption you may still be using Kontakt Player 2 (which is why it tells you to update to 2.5.1 first). However, if you're using Kontakt 5 Player (which we recommend) it's okay to just install K5 and run the 2.5.2 updater without worrying about 2.5.1 first.

The VDL library updates can be found at [url=https://www.tapspace.com/pages.php?pageid=51]this page[/url].
You know, I just followed the instructions to update to VDL 2.5.2 to update the library.  It seems to have worked fine. Then I downloaded the newest Kontakt (5).  It doesn't seem a official and Kontakt 2 still pops up as default but  works for me!
I am having this exact problem.  I hope someone can help. 
Login or Signup to post a comment