VDL Sounds Not Playing back correctly on old files post-update

I was running Finale 2010 with VDL 2.5.2 and Kontakt Player 2 on a Macbook Pro with OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Running the same machine, I've applied the upgrade to VDL 2.5.5, installed Kontakt Player 5, and I also upgraded to Finale 2012.

After opening a file that I was working on with the old configuration, all of the sounds playback incorrectly. Everything on the page ";looks"; right, but I'm getting handclaps where there are supposed to be stick-clicks, rim hits where there are supposed to be shots, etc.

My first thought was a channel mis alignment, but I've checked and everything in the new score manager is correct, I think (at least as far as midi channels).

Also, when I try to enter notes into that staff, they come in (visually) in a completely different part of the staff than they should. It's like the sounds have different midi numbers or something. For example, a snare hit will appear above the staff, when the layout shows snare hits in the middle of the staff where they should be.

Maybe my template is out of date? If that's the case, that's a huge bummer because I'm talking about years of material that will no longer playback correctly unless I re-input everything on a new template.

Any ideas or help is very much appreciated. Thank you,

-Nick Molenda
Ok, I think I found the problem. How do I transfer my MIDI Map xml files to Finale 2012? Or is that even possible? I can't seem to locate where they keep them. Are they called soundmaps now?

I'm thinking I probably just need new xml files.

-N
ahhhhhmmm dumb. I figured it out. I hadn't loaded the XML files yet. False alarm!!

:)

-Nick
Sounds like this was a matter of configuring your template files, and not with the VDL library. Glad you solved it, and thanks for letting us know!
Login or Signup to post a comment