Aluphone Synth/Samples?

Does anyone know if any aluphone samples exists? I highly doubt it, but I thought I'd ask.  Perhaps there is something that sounds similar?

I loved how SCV integrated it into the front ensemble in 2012. It would be a great addition to VDL! (Easier said than done, I know!)

Thanks!

VDL 2.5.5.5?  Just keep adding .5 for every new addition and never go to VDL 3.  It could get rather entertaining.  ";I'm using VDL 2.5.5.5.5.5.5.5.5.5.5";
[quote author=Jim Casella link=topic=4540.msg23585#msg23585 date=1358541438]
This is something we're working on, actually. We're still trying to figure out the best way to add this into VDL without a major update since adding new sample data can be more technical in the installation process. If we come up with a solution or some sort of update where this can be easily added to your existing VDL library, we'll certainly be the first to let you know!

Quick question - if this is something we'd have to charge for, what would you consider a fair price for a full suite of Aluphone samples?
[/quote]

Any word of this? My kids finally acquired an aluphone and I'd love to get some more realistic playback.

Sounds like such a cool thing to have.
I believe a fair price for the addition of Aluphone samples, not to mention the possible addition of other samples, would be $25-$35.
Somewhere between $19 and $49 seems to be the going price for piecemeal tuned percussion instruments from companies like 8dio and Soundiron. $29 would be the perfect price to me if it was delivered with the same sampling detail as the stuff you get from those guys.
Wow! Happy to hear that you guys are working on it! I'm also a fan of the ";add-on"; idea, though I honestly don't care how it's ultimately released.

As for a fair price, I would not hesitate at $20 or $25, but I'd willingly pay more. How detailed would the aluphone suite be?
I'd have no problems paying for additional libraries.
Hmmm... Maybe this could be the first of potentially several/many VDL ";addons";. As in, optional sets of samples over and above the main VDL install. Would also be simpler than doing an actual ";library update";.

Again, hmmm...
This is something we're working on, actually. We're still trying to figure out the best way to add this into VDL without a major update since adding new sample data can be more technical in the installation process. If we come up with a solution or some sort of update where this can be easily added to your existing VDL library, we'll certainly be the first to let you know!

Quick question - if this is something we'd have to charge for, what would you consider a fair price for a full suite of Aluphone samples?
Login or Signup to post a comment