Not Locating Files from WriteScore Template

I am a band director and I currently bought Virtual Drumline 2.5.5 and bought the updated Fin_VDL_Template_2012a.1 from WriteScore.  When I go into my marching band score to edit the drumline parts the templates show up, but the library files and the .xml files are no where to be found.  The library file is actually showing up as a Unix Executable File..

I have read through the forums and the ReadMe document and have ensured that all files are downloaded in the proper folders.  I am at a loss...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am running Finale 2012 with VDL 2.5.5 and the Template purchased is mentioned above.  This is on a Mac with OS Maverick.
Hi bdelaney,

Hmm...I'm not really sure. This sounds like an issue with your Write Score files rather than VDL itself. The Write Score guys often contribute answers here, but if you haven't already, I'd highly recommend contacting them directly at http://www.thewritescore.com.

Good luck!
Is the score you're working from one you created or one of the template files which you customized?

If you are working from one of the template files, there is no need to load the library file as it is already part of the Finale documents you purchased.

The xml files should be visible in the Score Manager, top section, far right side under the column PercMidiMaps. If this column is not visible, there is a customize button between the two sections of the Score Manager which will allow you select what you view in the window.

With regards to the library file showing as a Unix file, that happens for some strange reason when the whole template package is put together. The templates are created on a Mac, zipped up, and then sent to a Windows machine for sale at The Write Score. There is no real need to load the library as mentioned above. If you're score was created not using one of the template files, I'd suggest using the Default template file and creating a new score from that. The library will already be a part of the document. You can then save this new file as a template to work from for future scores and copy/paste your other score into this new file before adding percussion.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Login or Signup to post a comment