VDL Sound Set Not Showing in Sibelius

Hey everyone,

I have recently updated my Apple hardware and reinstalled all my software. I'm currently working with Sibelius 8.0.1, VDL 2.5, and OS X 10.11.2. Sibelius runs perfectly fine, Kontakt 5 runs fine, all of my licenses are registered, and VDL is activated inside Kontakt. When I go into Sibelius, I attempt to create a new Playback Configuration with the VDL sounds but nothing shows up. I have clicked ";rescan"; to see if anything shows up, but nothing changes.

The one thing that confuses me in this process is that in just playing around with Sibelius, when I add an instrument to a score, I do see that the ";VDL 7.0"; instrument library shows up. However, when I look to audition the sounds in the mixer it only shows ";Sibelius 7.0 Sounds"; [i]*see picture below*[/i].

Hopefully this makes sense. Anyone who may have any insight on this, please reach out.

Thank you,
Bobby
Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration.
Here it is.
I have an additional question. I'm currently running Sibelius 8.1. Does the VDL Template 7.0a actually work with Sibelius 8? Or was it only for Sibelius 7/7.5?
https://forum.thewritescore.com/index.php?topic=621.msg2765#msg2765

[quote author=bobbyscottmusic link=topic=4910.msg25003#msg25003 date=1453688852]
I have an additional question. I'm currently running Sibelius 8.1. Does the VDL Template 7.0a actually work with Sibelius 8? Or was it only for Sibelius 7/7.5?
[/quote]

Works just fine for me. You just need to get KP5 showing up in your Config. See my answer to the original question at the link above.
Login or Signup to post a comment