Deactivating your Virtual Drumline in Service Center is an older way of eliminating the sound library. Now that Native Access is the standard activation utility, we recommend you follow this link to learn how to completely uninstall your VDL 2.5 library.
To use the older method of deactivating in Service Center, the following steps will walk you through the process.
If you are getting rid of an older computer, it is recommended that you deactivate the license on that machine and delete the software. Deactivation can be accomplished via the Native Instruments Service Center program.
To deactivate VDL on a specific machine, use the Service Center program:
1. Open the Service Center program
2. Click the "Overview" tab.
3. Next to the product name, click "show details" to reveal info about your authorization.
4. In the "Activation Key" field, click the "Edit" button to highlight the text
5. Click the "delete" or "backspace" key to remove the text from this field. Click "OK" to save. Service Center may ask you to authenticate with your admin password.
6. Your product should now appear as "Not Activated" within Service Center.
NOTE: Once you've deactivated your old machine, you must still submit a support ticket so we can manually remove unused hardware profiles from your account.