In Fall of 2019, Apple released its new operating system, macOS 10.15 "Catalina."
Usually, it takes third party developers some time to update their software to be fully compatible with the latest operating systems. So we typically recommend that before upgrading to a new OS, you first check with the developers of your crucial applications to be certain they've done the proper testing to ensure the programs you rely on are compatible with the latest operating system.
That said, Virtual Drumline IS supported in macOS Catalina so long as you are using a current version of Kontakt Player. The current versions of Sibelius, Finale, and Dorico are also supporting Catalina, but again, it's important to check on each program you rely on to be sure they have compatible versions available. See point #2 below for a couple quick links to commonly used programs crucial to many VDL users.
If you are a Mac Virtual Drumline user, here are some good general tips:
1. Turn off Auto Updates on your Mac (this can be found at System Preferences>Software Update).
2. Keep track of the Catalina compatibility status of your most important software developers
- Sibelius info on Catalina compatibility
- Finale info on Catalina compatibility
- Dorico info on Catalina compatibility
- Native Instruments info on Catalina compatibility