December 14, 2007 – Now available, the Virtual Drumline 2.5.1 update is ready for all registered VDL 2.5 users to download.
NOTE: This update is not necessary if you are using VDL 2.5.5.
This release of VDL 2.5.1 is a maintenance release which fixes several minor issues that were discovered after 2.5 shipped. This version is not required, but is recommended for best results.
Most features in the 2.5.1 library will be unnoticeable if you've been using 2.5. Here is a listing of the main enhancements:
- Glockenspiel instruments now correctly contain the extended range as indicated in the user guide, and will also go from C2 through E5 with glissandi effects below C2.
- A set of 4-octave vibraphones have been added for users who may need to write for these extended range instruments.
- MIDI Controller 7 (Volume) will now raise each instrument's volume +6db higher than in VDL 2.5 which should help users of Finale or Sibelius who had difficulties getting enough volume from their VDL instruments. By default, these settings should be controllable via the host program's mixer (Finale or Sibelius), and a default setting of MIDI value 100 (out of 127) is recommended.
- Bassline Manual LITE instrument now plays back with more accurate and articulate attack sounds.
- Timpani Medium (and Med LITE) now plays with more accurate and consistent performance with alternating RH/LH notes.
- In Piano instrument, a bug was fixed where certain lower velocities in a small portion of the lower range of the instrument would trigger the incorrect pitches.
- Mute release of some sustained suspended cymbal rolls will no longer result in an odd digital artifact.
- 16"; Symphonic and 18"; Viennese hand cymbals sound more accurately now.
- Fixed a bug where not every attack of the Congas Manual patch would sound.
- Chinas All sounds do not get cut off after releasing now.
- Tenorline VDL1 instrument now correctly displays Mod-Wheel Monitor information and correctly plays back cresc/decresc rolls.
- Latency error on 15"; Suspended cymbal bell (w/shoulder) has been corrected.
- Miscellaneous pops and clicks were removed from various instruments.
- Miscellaneous minor errors in the keymap diagrams in the VDL 2.5 User Guide have been corrected.
In addition, the VDL 2.5.1 installer will update your Kontakt Player 2 software to version 2.2.4 which is now fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
The updater may be downloaded below. Alternately, you may login to your NI account on their website and go to the Personal Update Manager where updates for all your registered NI software can be found. This update is only available to registered users of Virtual Drumline 2.5.