1) DOWNLOAD VIRTUAL DRUMLINE
If you purchased the downloadable version of VDL, you will use an application called Connect to download and assemble your library files. This is a utility that will streamline the process of downloading and unpacking of numerous large files required by your library.*
- Download and install the Connect application.
- Launch Connect. (If your Mac disallows the program from launching, there is an easy fix in your Security & Privacy System Preferences).
- Once Connect is launched, copy/paste your Virtual Drumline 2.5 serial number or download code into the CODE field, then click DOWNLOAD. Your serial number was provided in an email after you purchased it (download) or within the inside DVD case or "Getting Started Guide" (Physical DVD version)
- A dialog box will open. Choose where you'd like your library to live. If you're unsure, we recommend putting it in your "Documents" folder. Be sure you have at least 11GB of hard drive space to ensure a hassle-free installation.
- Several files will begin to download. These files are somewhat large and can take a while to download, depending on the speed and reliability of your internet connection and network settings.
- Please be patient while they download. (If you run into any trouble with the Connect download process, there are some extra topics here.)
- When the files have completed downloading, they will automatically assemble themselves into one complete folder.
- Once this process is complete, we highly recommend you make a backup so you'll have easy access to reinstall your library in the future.
*If you purchased the physical DVD instead of the download, simply copy your library folder from the DVD to the location on your computer where you'd like to keep the library. If you're unsure, we recommend putting it in your "Documents" folder. Once you've done this, you may move onto the next steps.
2) INSTALL NATIVE ACCESS
Native Access is an application in which you can install, activate, and update any products by Native Instruments (or third party Kontakt Player libraries like Virtual Drumline). It will be required to get up and running. If you already have Native Access, just start the application.
- Download Native Access from the Native Instruments website and install it.
- Once installed, launch Native Access.
- If you have a NI user account already, log in. If you don't yet have an Native Instruments account, create one now.
Please note that your Native Instruments login is not necessarily the same as your Tapspace login.
(NOTE: If you previously activated a product with an old, outdated email address, DO NOT create a second/new NI account! It will be far simpler to update your existing NI account to your current email address. If you're unsure of which email address may be attributed to your NI account, please contact us so we may quickly assist.)
3) ADD VIRTUAL DRUMLINE
- In Native Access, click + Add a serial.
- Paste in your VDL serial number and click the +Add Serial button. This will register the product to your personal NI account.
- You will be asked to browse to the folder containing the library. First click Browse (to the right in the picture below).
- Navigate to the library folder (Virtual Drumline 2.5) and click Open as pictured below. Now click Install which should now be a blue button instead of grey.
- Once you have followed these steps the library should now be activated correctly.
4) INSTALL KONTAKT PLAYER
- In Native Access, go to the Not Installed area.
- Locate Kontakt 6 Player.
- Click Install and Native Access will automatically download and install the player.
- Go to the Installed products area and you should now see that Kontakt 6 Player is installed (along with Virtual Drumline 2.5)
- On your computer, go to Applications>Native Instruments>Kontakt and launch Kontakt.
- In the left column of Kontakt, you should see Virtual Drumline in the Libraries area.