On older versions of Kontakt Player (i.e. before version 5.6.8) you may encounter an issue where upon adding the VDL Library to Kontakt Player, you receive one (or both) of the following error messages:
“Error while writing files to disk. Adding the library has failed.”
“Virtual Drumline 2.5 can not be activated. Please run the original installer of the library”
If you encounter one or both of these errors, it’s likely just a bug in how Kontakt has logged your library addition, and you can workaround these errors by doing the following steps.
- Quit Kontakt.
- Quit Sibelius, Finale, or any other host programs that may be running Kontakt.
- Launch Native Access.
- Within Native Access, update Kontakt Player to AT LEASTversion 5.6.8.
- If you don't see the option to update Kontakt Player in Native Access, you may have an older version of KP and you will first need to manually install a version compatible with your system. Legacy installers for Kontakt Player on older Mac operating systems (OS X 10.9–10.12) are available here.
- If you are using Windows 7 / 8 / 10 or macOS 10.12 (or higher), please use the current version of Native Access to automatically install the appropriate KONTAKT version.
- Activate VDL within Native Access following steps 3A (new users) or 3B (existing users) here.
- Once you’ve successfully activated your library in Native Access, relaunch Kontakt Player and verify that your library appears in the Kontakt browser and is functioning as expected.